Heco Direkt Correction

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Last time I was writing about "Heco Direkt". Two days ago I bought "Heco Direkt". I had a two 2 days' listen and returned the pair. I need to correct myself in "Heco Direkt" excitement. Actually not so exceptional as I thought them to be. First , they look amazing. Quite big in a medium room. Both in white or black. The sound is a bit veiled though. Especially midrange. Fast and dynamic but not so detail rich and clear like in Leemas. I think they are good speakers but I do not think they are worth their money. I think they are quite overpriced. 95dB sensitivity also is not so obvious. At home listening I was a bit taken aback by them. So please reconsider the purchase and make a long listening session before buying them. Many people may love them for their looks and not bad sound but I do not think the audiophiles will accept them as great. Again, not bad , but not really so "Direct" and a bit further from monitor-like sound. Please understand I had them only for two days so these are my first impressions but first sound impressions are important. I do not want to diss them or give a negative feedback, many may like them quite much.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
stereoman said:
Last time I was writing about "Heco Direkt". Two days ago I bought "Heco Direkt". I had a two 2 days' listen and returned the pair. So I as much as I like my 2 pairs (Leema Xero , Canton Ergo 700 DC) so much I need to correct myself in "Heco Direkt" excitement. Actually not so exceptional as I thought them to be. First , they look amazing. Quite big in a medium room. Both in white or black. The sound is a bit veiled though. Especially midrange. Fast and dynamic but not so detail rich and clear like in Leemas. I think they are good speakers but I do not think they are worth their money. I think they are quite overpriced. 95dB sensitivity also is not so obvious. At home listening I was a bit taken aback by them. So please reconsider the purchase and make a long listening session before buying them. Many people may love them for their looks and not bad sound but I do not think the audiophiles will accept them as great. Again, not bad , but not really so "Direct" and a bit further from monitor-like sound. Please understand I had them only for two days so these are my first impressions but first sound impressions are important. I do not want to diss them or give a negative feedback, many may like them quite much.

It really doesn't matter howling you had them if they don't suit your room / system. A pity because I think they are great. Knowing Heco they are not overpriced. They do get really good reviews elsewhere.

Maybe. Actually I am extremely surprised because I lost the meaning of it. I heard them many times in shop demos. Even with Pro Ject Maia , they sounded superb. They also sounded great with "Yamaha A S 801". But personally they dissapointed me. I used Yamaha "A S 701" , Denon "1500 AE" SACD , Atlas "Hyper 2.0". Hmmm....strange. In room acoustics I do not believe so much. My living room is 6 x 5. So suitable for them.

stereoman said:
Last time I was writing about "Heco Direkt". Two days ago I bought "Heco Direkt". I had a two 2 days' listen and returned the pair. So I as much as I like my 2 pairs (Leema Xero , Canton Ergo 700 DC) so much I need to correct myself in "Heco Direkt" excitement. Actually not so exceptional as I thought them to be. First , they look amazing. Quite big in a medium room. Both in white or black. The sound is a bit veiled though. Especially midrange. Fast and dynamic but not so detail rich and clear like in Leemas. I think they are good speakers but I do not think they are worth their money. I think they are quite overpriced. 95dB sensitivity also is not so obvious. At home listening I was a bit taken aback by them. So please reconsider the purchase and make a long listening session before buying them. Many people may love them for their looks and not bad sound but I do not think the audiophiles will accept them as great. Again, not bad , but not really so "Direct" and a bit further from monitor-like sound. Please understand I had them only for two days so these are my first impressions but first sound impressions are important. I do not want to diss them or give a negative feedback, many may like them quite much.

It really doesn't matter how long you had them if they don't suit your room / system. A pity because I think they are great. Knowing Heco they are not overpriced. They do get really good reviews elsewhere.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Nothing against the 801, but I'd guess that they might need something a little higher up the amplifier chain. I know they don't need oodles of power, but quality is still needed, and with a high sensitivity like the Direkts, it's all the more important for a very clean sounding amp with a low noise floor.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
davidf said:
Nothing against the 801, but I'd guess that they might need something a little higher up the amplifier chain. I know they don't need oodles of power, but quality is still needed, and with a high sensitivity like the Direkts, it's all the more important for a very clean sounding amp with a low noise floor.

Yes , absolutely , they are still very good speakers. I mean I heard them with Pro Ject Maia as said and A S 801 and although these amps are not high end Direkt sounded really good in plain demo rooms. A bit different though at my home ;) Of course the quality of amps I realise. The thing is , my second system was Cyrus 8 vs and I remember that buying "Spendor" and especially "Leema Acoustics" speakers made much bigger impression on me while listening at home than Direkt ( and I think that older "Cyrus 8 vs" is better but not so much better than "yamaha a s 801" but maybe I'm wrong and it is a different league.) But this is my experience and definitely Direkt are really good speakers ( although I must say they are quite overpriced ). I gave them here many times credit and I still recommend them but indeed it seems they need to be partnered with rather audiophile amps.

TRENDING THREADS