Heco Celan 300 speakers - any experience with these ?

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

Anyone heard these speakers ? Its hard to find any information about them or reviews. Anyone heard any of the Heco range and how do they sound generally ? Im looking for high db sensitivity and low imp ideally.

Thanks again !

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Ive heard the victa 300 and the celan 700 both at moderate levels.they sound very neutral.the victa 300 with a denon dra-500ae almost at max volume sounded a bit low on level.don't know if it was the speakers or the amp that wasn't powerfull enough.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. would you describe them as warm, rich and detailed or more towards bright and precise ? any further details on the sound of Heco would be greatly appreciated.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Yes, they sounded impressive from the sart when i listened to them, very lively and good deep bass.

Maybe not as refined and easy going as the dynaudio's i heard though.

But i think it's just a matter of british versus german taste of sound.

I would surly consider these, but have a good listening.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Thank you RCduck7. Your description of Heco is very much appreciated. I need to avoid too much bass so i might bump the 300s down my list of speakers to test.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I don't think the bass will be an issue with the 300's.

I listened to both standmount and floorstander and the bass was very present but controlled with the floorstanders.

From all the speakers i heard in the shop (on my amp at least) the heco's sounded very realistic with live recordings.

Still i can't choose heco's over Dynaudio or otherwise.

Gonna get some more listening sessions with other speakers soon.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
There are so many great speakers out there arent there ? I have an opportunity tommorow to check out 3 cool speakers -

1/ PMC DB1i
2/ Dynaudio Excite X12
3/ Kef XQ10

Three speakers that werent even on my shortlist ! Ha. I may even return home with one of these. There is no cure for hifi-itis !
emotion-2.gif

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Please let me know which of the 3 you found best.

I found my amp doesn't match well with a speaker that is a bit hard sounding.

With my amp i need a bit of a laid back speaker.

I don't know how it will turn out with your amp but i'm curious.
emotion-5.gif

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Well in a strange turn of events (quite normal in my life !) i bought myself a Rega Mira 3 amplifier today. In an ongoing saga between new amp or new speakers i finally submitted ! So this means that im still looking for speakers. However because of the lower power of the Mira im aiming at speakers around 90db in sensitivity. The B&Ws have improved since adding the Mira, so who knows ?

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I was a bit like that to but now i'm getting very calculated as i did bought and sell many times in the past.

Klipsh speakers are +90db but i haven't heard them yet, i should next week i think.

Dynaudio doesn't stretch to 90db but they are only 4 ohm, i don't know how much that add up things though.

But Dynaudio is the only speaker that really clicked with my amp so far.

Keep posting

Greetz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts