admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I still live at home with the folks, i can normaly listen till around 10.00pm before the volume starts getting noticed, i dont mind turning it down, it's very frustrating, the elders have suggested ear phones, i dont really know much about cans, i would like to listen to music late into the night, i dont want to spend to much, i was thinking of addding a v-can 2 with a pair of goldring ns-1000, would that be a good starting point? i will have to connect them up to my dac before i listen, bit of a pain, but if it means i can listen without a knock on the door it will be worth it.

A

Anonymous

Grado SR80's...

Cant say a bad word about them and very glad I bought them a few months back...

Volume isnt an issue in our house as there's only myself and the wife but sometimes I like to read with some music on so I just bang the cans on my head, forget about the book and fall asleep blissfully unaware of what's going on around me haha...

I dont use a DAC/headphone amp currently but when I get the Cyrus system up & running I'll be looking at getting something along those lines to manage the cans better

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
jimm said:
I still live at home with the folks, i can normaly listen till around 10.00pm before the volume starts getting noticed, i dont mind turning it down, it's very frustrating, the elders have suggested ear phones, i dont really know much about cans, i would like to listen to music late into the night, i dont want to spend to much, i was thinking of addding a v-can 2 with a pair of goldring ns-1000, would that be a good starting point? i will have to connect them up to my dac before i listen, bit of a pain, but if it means i can listen without a knock on the door it will be worth it.
To help with suggestions let us know what genres of music you listen to.

A

Anonymous

Mainly rock and pop, some classical, a bit of everything really.

A

Anonymous

A little more expensive than the Goldring are the Grado SR80i that I have. They really are as good as the reviews say, effortless heaven. I use them plugged into a re-clocked Marantz CD50se powered using RA Reference Power Cord and have never needed to go down the headphone amp route.

A

Anonymous

Having done a bit of research it seem's the v-can 2 will work fine through the tape out on the caspian, only thing now is decide on which phones to buy, the goldring ns-1000 are top of my list as they can be had for 60 pounds, that's a saving of 90 pound's!

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I have a pair of the Goldrings and whilst they are a bargain at the price they do leak a lot of noise, if you can get past this then go for it. My wife couldn't so I bought a pair of Denon AH-D2000s but 200 quid! just to keep the peace :D

A

Anonymous

I dont mind if they leak any noise as its just me in my room, i will buy the goldring's, there a bargain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts