Headphones for Rock music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Looking at buying a new pair of headphones with a budget of around £120. they will be used on my Creek evo 2 amp, mainly listen to rockIndie music

Any recommendations welcome

Daz

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I listen to metal. My Grado SR125s sound great. Should find them for around your budget too. You may well need the Grado extension cable too though, which pushes the price up a tad

idc

You can get a far cheaper and just as good extension cable from ThatCable on ebay.

Grado are recognised as the rock headphones because of their dynamics and attack. They really drive the music along. Other alternatives depend on you like of bass. Some brands such as Sennheiser, Beats and Sony do BASS headphones where they have a bass boost or emphasis on the bass. Others such as Grado and AKG have bass, but it is more in the detail and for the rhythmic impact. So their bass does not drive or overwhelm the music. I would say that the latter are the 'audiophile' choice. In the middle and in budget are the Denon AH D1001, which can overwhelm with BASS and IME with other recordings, get it spot on.

You can narrow down your choice by deciding if you want open headphones, which leak sound, or if you need closed headphones, which leak less, but often still some sound.

A

Anonymous

Highly highly recommend Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - amazing headphones. Great clarity and depth across the whole range and work great for rock music!

A

Anonymous

They are simply brilliant. They sound great, feel great on your head, look great - can't say enough good things about them. Managed to get mine for £80 brand new following some heavy haggling & purchase of other Audio-Technica gear alongside =)

They are (were?) geared towards the professional market, so presentation & accuracy of the music is the what they do best. They are really great for opening up the mix and throwing you right in the middle of it - which i think makes them fantastic for rock music, in particular.

Let me know what you think of them.

Cheers, Roman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts