Headphone setup

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
So I have decided to do away with speakers altogether in favour for headphones.

Reason I live in the city and playing music loud/tv is never a good idea neigbours etc. And its only for my self anyhow. Plus I like the idea of headphones.

So my source will be all streaming. Tidal for music from Ipod/mac as well as what my smart tv has to offer. I am aware that this may not be the best solution in terms of performance but I like to make use of what I already have but do it well decent cables the use of tidal (so decent internet connection) etc.

So heres were I stand any advice would be great.

Headphones Shure SRH1540. I feel these offer a good balance of comfort and perfomance.

Headphone amplifier NEVE RNHP Precision. Solid built kept simple (no bells and whistles) like some. And from I have read very impressive.

Dac undecided? (Any thoughts)

jjbomber

Daniel 1 said:
So I have decided to do away with speakers altogether in favour for headphones.

Tidal for music from Ipod/mac as well as what my smart tv has to offer. I am aware that this may not be the best solution in terms of performance but I like to make use of what I already have but do it well decent cables the use of tidal (so decent internet connection) etc.

So heres were I stand any advice would be great.

Headphones Shure SRH1540. I feel these offer a good balance of comfort and perfomance.

Headphone amplifier NEVE RNHP Precision. Solid built kept simple (no bells and whistles) like some. And from I have read very impressive.

Oppo DVD players, as they have the DAC and Headphone amp built in, as well as Tidal. Use a Chromecast for the Cr-apple connection, though you can stream via a network. Or HDMI. Or USB.

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
As it stands my hifi is non-existent. Long story but I moved around alot but now settled again.

Although I for sure dont wish to build a cd collection again I commited my self to streamig the day I sold all my cds for pittance (was not my intention) resell value is not what it used to be.

insider9

The days of standalone DACs are numbered. It's streamers, cd players, dvd etc. with added DAC functionality. At the end of the day you're going to have to connect something into the DAC.

The choice would come down to streaming services and apps. Bluesound Node 2 would be high on my list if I considered a new streamer. That's a big if as I'm very happy with my Yamaha.

jjbomber

Daniel 1 said:
Oppo is very interesting indeed I will keep that 1 in mind never would of thought to look at dvd players who new.

DVD player is a fraction of what it does. Add in streamer, DAC, headphone amp, pre-amp, MHL, HDMI input as well as CDs and DVDs. Tidal is built in. Ticks every box and several more.

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Im after something that utilizes what I already have for example I will shortly be purchasing the chord Mojo for potablity use. I could have bought a Hires player but I have a iphone i have a Macbook just makes sense (for me) use what I already have but make it better.

So Im after something that can power speakers and gather sound and make it better from sources like my smart tv games console ipad iphone all these devices i already have. Rather than paying a premium for a device like a streamer which techniqually has what i already have but built in like tidal radio etc.

Summary So I am after a dac/amp and headphone amplifier for home use what utilizes what I already have.

Whether that be a all in 1 system or seperate is still undecided.

I have a smallish room And i am looking at the b&w 685 s speakers, so to essentially power them never really been keep on surround sound hence the bookshelf speakers. And yes I have decided I can not live without speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts