Headphone newbie - How good are the AKG K450/1 at home?

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, been toying with getting some decent headphones for a while, and with a baby on they way my GR20's probably aren't going to get the workouts they are used to.

I don't have a huge amount to spend, and also want some headphones to use with my iPod when I'm away from home (not in public though, don't use public transport - thinking more on holiday and when away with work etc, or in garden).

So my question is, do I go for a pair of AKG K450 that will clearly be good with the iPod, but will they be good also sat in my lounge coming off my main hifi (see sig, will use the Audiolab 8000a headphone socket - any comments on this)?

Or will I really need to get some bigger hi Fi headphones like Senheiser HD518/598 or Grado SR80i to do lounge listening justice?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi there, I think they will be fine albeit some leakage if that's an issue. I've not heard the 451s but for £40 or so for a pair of 450s you can't go wrong for me. However, Superfi have the 451s for £70 so could be worth a punt if they live up to the What Hifi review. They get a bit sore after wearing for 2/3 hours. You will need an extension cable mind as the lead is very short......Hope this helps.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts