headphone amplifier

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, since you'll be listening on headphones, airborne vibration from the system won't be a problem, so unless you dance energetically, have a valve driven headphone amp or live on a main road/railway line/flightpath, I doubt it, honestly...

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Are they really necessary? I have a Micromeger Stage 4 that I want to use just with some Grado headphones. It already has a socket. this will not be part of my HIFI, but just se-up next to my bed for some quiet late at night listening.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It depends on the quality of the headphone amp in the main unit. IIRC Micromega made quite a fuss about the quality of the headphone amp in its Stage players, so you should be OK.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Well, since you'll be listening on headphones, airborne vibration from the system won't be a problem, so unless you dance energetically, have a valve driven headphone amp or live on a main road/railway line/flightpath, I doubt it, honestly...

I suppose one could support one's headphone amp (and one's own head!) on a Tescos Finest Granite worktop protector with sliced up squash balls underneath. It seems to be the favourite recommendation for equipment support around here and only costs ten quid (plus balls).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts