HDMI - with detachable and right angle connectors?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've searched the forums, so pretty sure this has not been asked before.

Two questions:

1) I'm wall-mounting a plasma TV and would prefer to have the cables run through a hole in the wall, directly behind the TV. I should explain that the wall has an accessible cavity in to which I will be placing other AV kit. Although the cable would be out of sight, I'd prefer the hole to be as small as possible. With SCART and HDMI, the size of the end connector means the hole will be large - at least compared to the diameter of just the cable. Is it possible to get good quality HDMI cables with "detachable" connections or would this seriously impair the signal quality? Same question for SCART leads?

2) As I'm trying to get the TV as flush to the wall as possible, there will be limited space for the cable connection and I wondered whether you can get good quality HDMI with a right angle. This should lessen the pressure on the connection. I've seen the flat HDMI cable recommended by WHF, but right angles on this don't seem to be an option. I've seen right angle adaptors, but was curious as to whether these result in a lesser signal and whether you can actually get HDMI cable with an original right angle. Again, same question for SCART.

As ever, all comments very welcome and much appreicated.

A

Anonymous

1) Dont think so, not a good idea

2) http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/cables/HDMI-1-3-Cable-Right-Angle-Connector.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts