HDMI SWITCHER

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
It looks like the second HDMI socket into the back of my 50" wall mounted Panasonic TV has blown after the lead end snapped because I did not use a right angle adapter and the lead end was crushed when the TV was pushed back onto the wall behind.

I have a Sky HD box and a PS3 going into a cheap (£16) Tesco 3-way HDMI splitter that is push button operated.

We mosty use Sky in the house and I'd love the TV to auto turn on to the HDMI without having to press the AV button on my TV when I switch on the TV - it works when I use just one source on the HDMI lead without a splitter.

I'd also like the HDMI to autoswitch when the PS3 is switched on.

And possibly have the facility for an extra source.

It's driving the wife mad and is pretty un user friendly.

IS there a better inexpensive HDMI box out there that will force the TV to autoboot to HDMI when Switched on, and will allow autoswitching between sources.

Or If I upgrade my AV amp, will this do the same?

Or should I just get the HDMI socket fixed?

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
my amp is a Yamaha 759 - 6 years old without HDMI or HD audio, hence my considering the upgrade.

I've just had a look on play.com and they do a similar looking switch to my Tesco jobbie and there are a few complaints on the reviews that Sky HD+ boxes do not autoswitch because they have a constant power supply running through them. Anybody else had this problem?

I might just have to get my HDMI socket fixed...........has anybody else had problems with them in the past?

Any Advice would help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts