Hdmi music player

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Can someone link me a music player that can play , mp3,mp4a,alac and flac.

i would also want to read my 262gb music collection of a 500gb external harddrive and work with no internet.

Im using a laptop with foobar which is fine but it takes 5mins to boot and take ages to settle down.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
smuggs said:

i would also want to read my 262gb music collection of a 500gb external harddrive and work with no internet.

Im using a laptop with foobar which is fine but it takes 5mins to boot and take ages to settle down.

look at WD HD TV Live.

It does everything that you want an has HDMI output.

:cheers:

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
smuggs said:

Seems to me you could do with a re-install or at least a bit of 'spring cleaning'.

You can also choose sleep mode when you close the lid, you only really need to reboot once a week or so.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
My wdtv is poor artwork on the screen and it does not play alac. Just not a nice experance. But for music dvd rips its awesome so it has its purpose.

Atv airplay is good for spotify and deezer and 75% of my collection.

So i think i will convert my flac files over the next two months to alac and drop them all into itunes and run itunes on my gaming rig.

Then. I might swap my laptop hardrive for a £60 120gb ssd and give it a fresh windows 7 install for i want a bit more quality i will use foobar.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I use my apple tv 3 for deežer spotify and bbc five live for airplay the image and eye candy on the tv is better than the yamaha airplay direct.

i am going to this week try and get all my music into its own folders itunes and amazon purchases, then a flac folder and a alac folder and a hi res folder.

Then make a alac copy of my all my flacs and flac copy of all my alac files.

then on my gaming pc. Foobar will look at all folders apart from alac., itunes will look at all folders apart from flac and hi res.

then from my pc i will airplay itunes music atv3 and local i will listen to foobar.

that way i dont need a laptop by my amp. Im sure i change my plans in the near future.

Thanks for advise and help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts