HDMI direct to TV or to av amp

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I've just read the review on the Panasonic GT50,as with most reviews a point was made about the number of hdmi inputs available.I have the Pana.42GT30 & i'm very happy with it.It has 4 hdmi inputs,one being ARC,my amp isn't ARC so not much use to me.

My question is about sound & setup.My understanding is that the bluray must be connected to the amp in order to obtain HD sound.The amp has 3 HDMI inputsso with the blu ray i have a BT vision box & a HD recorder connected by HDMI,they connect to the TV by the amps HDMI out.

I don't have a problem & get the hd master audio etc ok.I use the TVs hd tuners for normal TV & the sound through the amp via an optical cable from the TV.

My point being that theTVs hdmi inputs are not being used except for the amp connection.

Are the TVs hdmi inputs there for those of us who do not have an av amp or am i not using them correctly.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Cliff1 said:
My point being that theTVs hdmi inputs are not being used except for the amp connection.

Are the TVs hdmi inputs there for those of us who do not have an av amp or am i not using them correctly.

Yes, IMO you are using them correctly and as you point out I would imagine the multiple HDMI inputs on the tv are for persons who do not have the luxury of an av amp.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Manufactures give you extra sockets for things like games consoles or camcorders or other items, what you plug into them is entirely upto you or you can leave them all empty, it is not nesessary to buy extra hardware to fill all the un-used sockets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts