HD6XX vs HD600

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello, so I'm a little hurry to decide which headphone to buy. I need it to arrive next week so I must order it today or tomorrow. I've been reading a lot about this two headphones and they aren't similar at all. Some say the 6XX is better, but better is hard to define. I'll be using them with a schiit magni. I listen a lot of music with female vocals, guitar, drums and organical instruments. I barely listening rap and pop, so that's not a priority. For reference I will tell my experience with my last two headphones so you can understand my perception
-HD560s: Nice bass, good midrange but a bit bright and piercing to my ears. Soundstage and imaging were pretty good but build quality was poor.
-HD599: Great soundstage and imaging, warm bass, muddy midrange and balanced treble. I was dissapointed with this headphones since there was not a lot of detail.

Let me know your thoughts.

D

Deleted member 108165

My vote would go with the HD6XX as I believe they are identical to the HD650. HD650 is the HD600 with enhanced bass.

However, I believe Anort preferred the HD660S over all of them.

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
My vote would go with the HD6XX as I believe they are identical to the HD650. HD650 is the HD600 with enhanced bass.

However, I believe Anort preferred the HD660S over all of them.
The issue is that I don't want muddy bass getting into midrange. That is what worries me, it happened with my HD599, I don't want to invest in something similar.

D

Deleted member 108165

The issue is that I don't want muddy bass getting into midrange. That is what worries me, it happened with my HD599, I don't want to invest in something similar.
Then, my friend, you really need to audition before you purchase. I am no headphone expert. I have owned the HD650 for several years and haven't had the urge to upgrade, however, mine don't get much use as I prefer speakers to headphones.

Reactions: Noddy

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Then, my friend, you really need to audition before you purchase. I am no headphone expert. I have owned the HD650 for several years and haven't had the urge to upgrade, however, mine don't get much use as I prefer speakers to headphones.
Where I live, I can't test headphones. So that's why I been thinking about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts