HD surround on integrated freesat Panasonic ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a Panasonic TV with integrated freesat and can watch BCC-HD ok (plus ITV HD when they shows them).

I wanted to add a blu-ray player (for DVD also) and also an amp for real (non-virtual) surround sound.

I am happy how it works for the blue-ray (blu-ray-HDMI-out-->amp-->HDMI-in--->TV)

I also have an optical-out and stereo-out on the TV which I can plug into the amp.

However from what I understand (which could be wrong) this means on Hd-TV I can get stereo sound to the AMP and 5-1 Dolby surround sound (via the digital cable) to the amp BUT HD-surround sound needs an HDMI cable ?

So my questions are:

1) - Does the HDMI-in to the TV also act as an HDMI-out to the amp ? (I guess not)

2) If I plug in another HDMI cable between the TV and AMP (to an HDMI in) will the TV use that as a HD-surrond out for BBC-HD ?

If yes is it automatic changed to an "out" on the TV or is it some menu option I cannot see yet ?

Regards-Mike

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm afraid your question is irrelevant, Freesat HD (and Sky for that matter) channels do not carry HD Audio, there simply isn't the bandwidth available, so the best you'll get is normal Dolby Digital 5.1. Incidentally you shouldn't need the stereo analogue connection as well, that can be passed down the optical digital connection the same as any surround audio.

A

Anonymous

There is no hd sound on any hd channels the best we get is 5.1 dd so you have got it right

with optical out from tv to amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts