HD Home Cinema System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good Afternoon Everyone.

I've taken my first step into HDTV and bought a Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 and now need some equipment to go with it. I've been looking at the Toshiba HD-XE1 which appears to be as good as any, but there is a new Toshiba on the market, the Toshiba HD-EP10, which S&V don't mention anywhere ?

I'm looking at the Sony STR-DA1200ES and STR-DA5200ES but am unsure whether the Bigger Brother is worth the extra cash ??

The speakers need to fit into the "style speaker" bracket and I'm leaning towards the B&W MT-30's ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mark, You entered the inflamed debate on HD DVD vs. Blue-Ray. My 2p would be that SD DVD will be around for a very, very long time; Toshiba HD players offer similar quality with upscaling SD DVD as equally-priced or even more expensive SD DVD players. The top of the range XE-1 can be had for as little as £500. Even if HD DVD dies, you'll be left with a pretty stunning SD DVD player. There is also the new EP-10, which I guess uses the same upscaling chipset as the XE-1 but does away with 5.1 analog outs.

With regards to the amps I would suggets you go and listen to them. I am addicted to WHS&V but would not spend much money without listening to the kit. When I bought my Hifi Stereo system I first went to a number of dealers and listened to their systems. I spent weeks. Then I bought a system and then I read in the mag that the main components didn't even get 5*! I realised that the dealer I bought from had the most experience of how to put together a good system, that includes cables, mains purifier and the rest. Others had equally good gear but didn't really know how to put it together to form a complete system. Also, tastes can differ widely. I tried desperately to like the most expensive Cyrrus solution (as it's components are regular winners), but it wasn't for me - in whatever guise it was presented. I get a high from a good bass and Cyrrus might offer a lot of clarity but it certainly don't do bass. Go out and sit in a couple of listening rooms and enjoy a cup of tea and your own sample movie.

Gorge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts