HD, Freeview +, PVR and Blu-ray recorder?

harrisonaard1

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
As the title suggests, is there now or will there be, in the near future, a machine which receives Freeview HD, has the extra usability of Freeview+ and has a PVR, which is recordable onto HDD or a Blu-Ray disc, all of which provide a great picture seperately and collectively?

Alternatively, can existing seperates be connected together to provide this? I can't see for the moment, the long-term use of any of the existing single machines, of which I have read, as one can't save to disc in the same quality.

Or am I just being stupid?

daveh75

harrisonaard1:
As the title suggests, is there now or will there be, in the near future, a machine which receives Freeview HD, has the extra usability of Freeview+ and has a PVR, which is recordable onto HDD or a Blu-Ray disc, all of which provide a great picture seperately and collectively?Yes, the Panasonic DMR BW780 and DMR BW880 but are both quite expensive at £649 and £799,but iirc they're not out till end of June

Alternatively, can existing seperates be connected together to provide this? I can't see for the moment, the long-term use of any of the existing single machines, of which I have read, as one can't save to disc in the same quality.

Or am I just being stupid?

No ,you wont be able to use existing Freeview products to receive or record Freeview HD.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got a review of the Panasonic DMR-BW880 in our next, July issue - which is being posted out to subscribers tomorrow and will be in shops by 2nd June.

Incidentally, we understand the range of Panasonic HD/Blu-ray recorders - which include Freesat HD as well as Freeview HD designs - could now be in shops by mid-June.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts