HC setup too much for room?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello all i currently have a spare room that i will be turning into a games/cinema room, its 4m x 4m in size, i have picked out a system that i like aesthetically and budget/ tech spec wise and i will be reviewing them personally later.

but whta i would like to know is, is what i want too much overkill for a room this size?

i will use the room for sky HD xbox and blu ray

what i want to put in it is

sony kdl40w4500

sony str2400es receiver

sony bdp350/550

kef 2005.3

all look decent and iv heard/read seen good things with them.

too much oomph for a on the small side room?

also will a mains conditioner do anything to this setup?

i see people mentioning the tacima mains conditioner as a great purchase for any system.

all input welcome, even the ones that will say dont get the sony get the pana 37..... or get the pioneer plasma ...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

positioned correctly?

you mean speaker wise?

im just going to follow the diagram that was in a edition of what hi fi with regards to where to position my sub and surround sound speakers, the speakers will probably be wall mounted.

A

Anonymous

Will the seating be at the back of the room or further it?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
thehoss:
positioned correctly?

ÿ

you mean speaker wise?

im just going to follow the diagram that was in a edition of what hi fi with regards to where to position my sub and surround sound speakers, the speakers will probably be wall mounted.

I wouldn't have a system like that in a room that size unless my sofa was a metre from the wall with the speakers on.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

would the sound be too abrasive?

to be honest i was thinking of nearer the back of the room rather than closer to my tv

A

Anonymous

im assuming stands wouldnt make a difference as to how my seats would be positioned either?

A

Anonymous

at you think that being so close to rears will give my brain no sense of perception at to other sounds coming from the other speakers?

all i will hear is gunshot blasts and booms and no dialogue!

i think the couch will be up for adjustment to try find a decent viewpoint for both sound and vision, maybe stands for the rears are the way to go.

but thank you very much for raising this interesting point.

A

Anonymous

I always gone for the mantra that the listener for A/V should be in front not parallel to the rears if it is in a 5.1 set up.Toeing in the speakers to a central position may help but being equidistant of all 5 speakers would be best if not practical for most.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If your sofa is up against the back wall. Mount the rear speakers in the cormers and angle them in. I did this in my old place and I had no issues, it sounded great.

Also, Dunno if you were contemplating 7.1, but stick to 5.1. 7.1 with your sofa up against the back wall is a waste of time and money, and will probably sound worse than 5.1.

A

Anonymous

thanks to everyone for the ideas i think i will get stands for both the fronts and the rears this way it will look neat and tidy and give me options if i decide to move things about.

A

Anonymous

thehoss:
hello all i currently have a spare room that i will be turning into a games/cinema room, its 4m x 4m in size, i have picked out a system that i like aesthetically and budget/ tech spec wise and i will be reviewing them personally later.

but whta i would like to know is, is what i want too much overkill for a room this size?

i will use the room for sky HD xbox and blu ray

what i want to put in it isÿ

sony kdl40w4500

sony str2400es receiver

sony bdp350/550

kef 2005.3

all look decent and iv heard/read seen good things with them.

too much oomph for a on the small side room?

also will a mains conditioner do anything to this setup?

i see people mentioning the tacima mains conditioner as a great purchase for any system.

all input welcome, even the ones that will say dont get the sony get the pana 37..... or get the pioneer plasma ...
emotion-1.gif

1. A mains conditioner will heavily improve your system quality in every way and improve safety too.

2. With your setup, the £1,000 KEF KHT3005SEÿhttp://whathifi.com/Review/KEF-KHT3005SE/ would offer better sound and would be worth spending the extra money.

3. You SHOULD buy the Pioneer PDP-4280XD instead of the Sony, because instead of offering 1080p, which is pointless for 42" TVs as you can't notice the detail, it offers high contrast levels that put LCD TVs to shame.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS