Having trouble posting a reply...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
maxflinn said:
what web browser are you using pp?

I'm a real numbskull when it comes to computers. However, I've looked up the definition of browser and from the examples they've given I'm using iGoogle and MSN UK. Does that make sense?
what icon do you click to launch the internet? actually, just hover your mouse cursor over it and it should tell you..

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Or for a visual cue, does it look like this:

Internet_Explorer_7_Logo.png

Or maybe this:

firefox-logo.png

Or this:

SafariLogo.png

Andrew Everard said:
plastic penguin said:
No, doesn't help matters. If Max asks a simple question I expect a helpful reply, especially with computers.

No, don't think I follow that. Max wasn't asking a question...

But anyhoo – so you're using Internet Explorer: have a look at this post by Mr Duncan, late of this parish...

He asked what browser I was using... that, to me, is a question.

Had a quick look at JD's thread and I'll give it a crack later.

Andrew Everard said:
plastic penguin said:
He asked what browser I was using... that, to me, is a question. Had a quick look at JD's thread and I'll give it a crack later.

I thought you were responding to his Captain Mainwaring comment.

The two are linked. Max's respone was: pp's one probably looks like this... followed by Mainwaring caption.

Usually I take jokes (water off a duck's back). No probs. When it comes to computers, I've had such a ruff (PC) time recently, I'm looking at constructive help as opposed to mickey taking.

Sorry for sounding a bit gruff. No disrespect to Max or your good self, but this mod-tech is pretty depressing when one has no understanding...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
The two are linked. Max's respone was: pp's one probably looks like this... followed by Mainwaring caption. Usually I take jokes (water off a duck's back). No probs. When it comes to computers, I've had such a ruff (PC) time recently, I'm looking at constructive help as opposed to mickey taking. Sorry for sounding a bit gruff. No disrespect to Max or your good self, but this mod-tech is pretty depressing when one has no understanding...

Sorry. Of course. Forgot.

Andrew Everard said:
plastic penguin said:
The two are linked. Max's respone was: pp's one probably looks like this... followed by Mainwaring caption. Usually I take jokes (water off a duck's back). No probs. When it comes to computers, I've had such a ruff (PC) time recently, I'm looking at constructive help as opposed to mickey taking. Sorry for sounding a bit gruff. No disrespect to Max or your good self, but this mod-tech is pretty depressing when one has no understanding...

Sorry. Of course. Forgot.

That's okay - I've put the cushion away now... ;)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I've just tried to post a reply on the Norwich City thread and had the response that my post is 'in a queue for moderation by an administrator'. Is this because I have posted 2 links in quick succession? Will the system learn to stop doing this to me?

A

Anonymous

i tried to post on the what are you listening to thread earlier (around 5pm), didn't work first time, or second.

no big deal or anything, just said i'd mention it...

oh. each post contained a link to spotify, just in case that may be relevant...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn said:
i tried to post on the what are you listening to thread earlier (around 5pm), didn't work first time, or second.

Probably because you now have a new ISP and your new router has a different IP address.

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
maxflinn said:

Probably because you now have a new ISP and your new router has a different IP address.
possibly, though i've been using the new ISP since wednesday with no problems (apart from getting the AEX to integrate.

not sure if i've posted a link on here during that time though, maybe that's relevant..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts