Have Richersounds changed there return policy?

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been bought a Onkyo TXNR 609 for a Christmas present but they told my girlfriend that if I opened box they would charge me 10% handling charge I have bought pretty every much bit of hifi and lots of other stuff from them over they ears and never been told this with the exception of head phones !

I want to try this out but don't want to get charged this I am tempted to take it back and get a refund also is £20 cheaper on boxing day

They also have a price match up to 7 days after purchase and I know Sevenoaks are doing it at the 379 in sale.

Your thoughts please

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You want to go to all of that trouble to take it back to the store for the sake of £20? :roll:

If it's not too much trouble you can at least try to get the price match difference back but read the T&Cs.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
No it is not the the Price difference I was worried about it was the handling fee! they always used to let you take home and try if was not happy with sound return with no hassle no they want to charge 10% if the box is opened

A

Anonymous

Its a present. Open, plug in and enjoy.

I have never and would never be so rude as to cash in on a gift.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Well my faith has been restored I went there today and was told that the handling fee is only if you get a refund if you exchange it is not a problem I explained that I did want anything else, and looked at my account and could see that I have spent a lot of money with them and I was welcome to try as long as I was carefull and keep all original packing so can go back like new. Which is the best way to compair them ?

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Ian986 said:
Which is the best way to compair them ?

I'm really not following this. You were given an Onkyo AV receiver as a present. You wanted to try it out then take it back for a refund because it would be £20 cheaper on Boxing Day... but you might have to pay a 10% re-stocking fee. Or else you were going to get them to price match the same model against Sevenoaks because it would be even cheaper. Okay. Got that, I think.

So what is it you want to compare?

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it is a bit confusing

I got the 609 as a gift because my girlfriend saw me looking at them before Christmas but I wanted to compair to my denon 1910 on paper and according to magazine it is miles better! I have had a few conflicting options from hi if shops over the past couple of month so I had kind of made my mind up to buy in the sale but girlfriend beat me to it but Xmas eve I spoke to another shop as I am looking at some kef T105 and they said keep my amp and spend the extra money on getting T205 so I was thinking of going down that route and as my girlfriend knows how fussy I am she asked Richer sounds about there exchange policy was then they said about the stocking fee

Anyway I tried it and it seems slightly better than the denon so going to keep it

Need to decide on the speakers now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts