Have I missed something?

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've picked up references in various threads regarding people leaving/ banned from the forum.

What happened?

Did another cable or power supply thread turn violent?

shadders

Gaz37 said:
I've picked up references in various threads regarding people leaving/ banned from the forum.

What happened?

Hi,

Someone has been banned for bad behaviour. Swearing and derision.

People may be keeping away due to the rudeness, not sure why, as it was obvious that the person being rude would be banned, so it was just a waiting game.

Regards,

Shadders.

bluedroog said:
Always amazes me how many people manage to get themselves banned from Hi-Fi forums.

It doesn't amaze me these days. The number of individuals that think they can come on to a forum simply to abuse and disrupt with impunity seems to be on the up. Enforcement of 'house-rules' is often reqiuired in these unfortunate situations.

It would appear some people simply have little to offer and too much time on their hands.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Gaz37 said:

What happened?

I don't know. Was absent for a long period due to long holiday. As I left the forum, I remember that some peoples where ganging up against some that didnt share their point of view about sounding cables or cd player that sounds, ect..
In France it's a common thing to ban peoples that don't share those views. They are bad for business.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
Gaz37 said:

What happened?

I don't know. Was absent for a long period due to long holiday. As I left the forum, I remember that some peoples where ganging up against some that didnt share their point of view about sounding cables or cd player that sounds, ect..In France it's a common thing to ban peoples that don't share those views. They are bad for business.

It is called 'no platforming'.

It is a tactic used by the left to avoid opinions that they do not agree with. This is particularly important when these opinions are backed up by facts.

Leftards use this tactic to prevent their ridiculous ideas being destroyed by factual debate, this causes 'cognitive dissonance', where their ingrained views clash with actual reality, hence the need for a 'safe space'.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
Gaz37 said:

What happened?

I don't know. Was absent for a long period due to long holiday. As I left the forum, I remember that some peoples where ganging up against some that didnt share their point of view about sounding cables or cd player that sounds, ect..In France it's a common thing to ban peoples that don't share those views. They are bad for business.

It is a tactic used by the left to avoid opinions that they do not agree with. This is particularly important when these opinions are backed up by facts.

Leftards use this tactic to prevent their ridiculous ideas being destroyed by factual debate, this causes 'cognitive dissonance', where their ingrained views clash with actual reality, hence the need for a 'safe space'.

No. Nothing so complicated.

This was just some sweary bloke who - apart from the usual 4-letter culprits - started calling people the four letter word that was used (by skinheads and similar types) back in the 1960 and 1970s against Down syndrome sufferers.

I'd not heard (or read ) it being used for decades - and hardly ever from an adult - but 'sweary bloke' obviously still had it in his dubious repertoire.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
davedotco said:
Gaz37 said:

What happened?

This was just some sweary bloke who - apart from the usual 4-letter culprits - started calling people the four letter word that was used (by skinheads and similar types) back in the 1960 and 1970s against Down syndrome sufferers.

I'd not heard (or read ) it being used for decades - and hardly ever from an adult - but 'sweary bloke' obviously still had it in his dubious repertoire.

I am very much for free speach, but that is simply disgraceful. In general terms I have no issue if 'adults' want to engage in a bit of name calling or industrial language, but that sort of language on an open forum...*unknw*

Good riddance.

davedotco said:
chebby said:
davedotco said:
Gaz37 said:

What happened?

I am very much for free speach, but that is simply disgraceful. In general terms I have no issue if 'adults' want to engage in a bit of name calling or industrial language, but that sort of language on an open forum...*unknw*

Good riddance.

i, for one, can only concur.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts