Have I damaged my speaker?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I cannot believe I have done this! My speakers are bi-wired to my 650A V2. On one of the speakers I have foolishly managed to put the -ve speaker cable to the +ve terminal and visa versa on the top set of speaker terminals (KEF IQ50SE). I have run them like this for a few weeks now. Will this have damaged my speaker? I still cannot believe I have made such a novice error. When I asked RS about bi-wiring my amp, I was told that the row of A amp terminals are to be connected to the Upper speaker terminals and the B amp terminals to the lower speaker terminals. Is this correct?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, you'll have just been running that driver out of phase. No chance of damage that way.

And it doesn't matter which row of terminals you use, as they all come off the same amp channels. It's just easier to trace wiring problems if the bottom (bass) terminals on the speakers are connected to the lower terminals on the amp, I guess, but beyond that nothing to it.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the quick response and advice re. bi-wiring. Thank goodness for that; was really worried that I had damaged the speaker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts