Have i been dooped?!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
After much demoing for power amplifiers i decided to settle on a Cyrus 6 power (due to cash limitations etc). Whilst at a shop i managed to get what i felt was an awsome deal - two new six powers for £550 (they retail at 450 summat for one)! Basically the guy in the shop told me i could biamp these two and get the best sound for my money. Since the cheapest second hand 8 power i could find was around 500+ i thought i had a bargain. However having got home and done some reading i cant find any one else who has bi amped two 6 powers. Is it possible? I am still waiting delivery for my amps so i need to put my mind to ease! Otherwise they're going back as soon as they arrive.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
http://www.cyrusaudio.com/content.asp?ContentID=32 reads:

Can I bi-amp with my integrated 6 vs2 amplifier?
Yes, this is very easy to arrange. A power amplifier such as the 6 or 8 Power can be connected to the PRE-OUT sockets of the integrated 6 vs2 to provide separate amplification for the bass and treble drive units of bi-wireable speakers.

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
http://www.hifitrader.com.au/prod511.htm reads:

The brief for the Cyrus Audio 6 Power... ...chain output sockets enables the input signal to be easily passed to further amplifiers for bi/tri-amping purposes or where many amplifiers are required to run from the same input signal for sound reinforcement in large rooms or halls.

nads

well each amp has pre ins and speaker terminals.

connect your pre amp up, you do have 2 pre outs on your pre amp? and then run the top half of the speakers fron one amp and the bottom half from the other. your speakers are Bi-ampable?

But as you can chain the amps i guess you only need one pre out on the amp. Others i hope will shed light on this.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Just to shed a bit of light on my equiptment -
PRE AMP - cyrus prevs2
Speakers - Neat motive 2

So you can bi amp them ...
Do i connect each speaker to one amp or let each amp handle hi or low freq for both speakrs?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="SHAXOS"]Just to shed a bit of light on my equiptment -
PRE AMP - cyrus prevs2
Speakers - Neat motive 2

So you can bi amp them ...
Do i connect each speaker to one amp or let each amp handle hi or low freq for both speakrs?[/quote]

If you are daisy chaining the power amps, then you want to use the first one in the chain to drive the treble units and the second half to drive the bass units. This is because you treble will like going through a second set of interconnects less than the bass will. So yeah, bi-amp across the bass and treble.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="SHAXOS"]PRE AMP - cyrus prevs2 Speakers - Neat motive 2[/quote]

Nice set up
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts