Have bought speakers, what else do I need?

FreddieNY

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi there,

I have recently bought a pair of ELTAX Symphony 6.3 speakers but have got a bit lost whilst trying to figure out what I need to get them working. I know I need some sort of amp and cables etc, but that's about as much as I know.

the speakers stats are:
Music power- 170 watt
Sinus power- 90 watt
Freq. Response- 35-22.000 Hz
Impendance- 4-8 Ohm

I will mainly be using them to play music off my phone and possible tv but would like the potential to use cd/dvd players and vinyl in the future. The room they will be in is reasonably big and so I'll want to play them fairly loud. Currently I have two speakers but I'd like the potential to add more in the future if I wanted to.

I have a budget of £100 ish but am ok with buying second hand.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Gray

Hi there,

I have recently bought a pair of ELTAX Symphony 6.3 speakers but have got a bit lost whilst trying to figure out what I need to get them working. I know I need some sort of amp and cables etc, but that's about as much as I know.

the speakers stats are:
Music power- 170 watt
Sinus power- 90 watt
Freq. Response- 35-22.000 Hz
Impendance- 4-8 Ohm

I will mainly be using them to play music off my phone and possible tv but would like the potential to use cd/dvd players and vinyl in the future. The room they will be in is reasonably big and so I'll want to play them fairly loud. Currently I have two speakers but I'd like the potential to add more in the future if I wanted to.

I have a budget of £100 ish but am ok with buying second hand.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
'Sinus' power will probably be 'continuous' :)
If you want anything decent Freddie, you're going to have to be happy with secondhand with the £100 budget.
I'd avoid any more than 2 speakers off the same amp if I were you.
Never bought SH myself, let's see what people suggest for £100.

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
For £100 you won't get much that will let you use bluetooth or Airplay to get the music from phone to amp. You could try a used Marantz PM6003. Get a decent 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable and plug in to the line in on the amp.

FreddieNY

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
For £100 you won't get much that will let you use bluetooth or Airplay to get the music from phone to amp. You could try a used Marantz PM6003. Get a decent 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable and plug in to the line in on the amp.
Thanks for the help, I'm not too bothered about bluetooth or airplay, perfectly happy just using a cable to connect my phone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts