Have blu ray players improved much in the last 2 years??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a multi region Panasonic BD30 bou ray player and was considering upgrading to a newer model. Have they improved much over the last 2 years since i bought this one?
It looks like Panasonic and Sony have the best reviews on current models.
How easy it is to make it multi region? I think with my current one, i had to buy a special remote off ebay for £10 and turned it into multi region.

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Naturally hard to say without testing for yourself to compare with your current player. However, overall I'd say my own experience with most Blu-ray players over the last 2 years would primarily be improvements in their load-up speed and reliability. Audio/Picture wise I doubt it, but again - it depends on the player.

I'm sure the same seller on Ebay will be selling remotes for current players to make them multiregion as well. You can also buy players that are multiregion for DVDs out of the box.

The question is, why do you want to upgrade? What's the rest of your system like? Today's players are much better in loading times and have a lot more to offer than just play discs. Performance wise, there may be an improvement in DVD upscaling. I can't comment as I haven't seen the Panasonic BD30.

TRENDING THREADS