Have a good system for Metal, try Black Metal

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Listening metal music like Metallica and Megadeth is good for your system. I would like to share some metal music from underground for those who have system equiped with subwoofer.

Other than oldies and rock, I am also enjoy listening to some of black metal album like:

1. Old Man's Child (Album - In Defiance of Existence)

2. Enthroned (Towards Skullthrone of Sat.. )

They have very clear sound, deep bass, your subwoofer will work incredibly great.

radovantz

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Death Metal such as Nile, Origin, Suffocation, Morbid Angel and Death are also great system test music (as well as, of course, being just great music), and there is one Dying Fetus album which has obscene deep bass but I can't remember the name of it.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Rado, I think (and am hoping) that most of us may prefer to keep this section for HiFi dicussions.

we could have a good old chat about Black Metal on other section like "off topic" or "This week I has..."

It's just my thought and you certainly can ignor my post completely if you wish
emotion-2.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Fair enough...I better join in then.

Strapping young lad (not quite black metal though) sound superb in the right system also Children of Bodom and Cradle of Filth do go very low.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Samael is a great band who's music shows up well on a good system - especially the cd solar soul.

Carcass - Heartwork - The guitars sound meaty and bass is well defined.

Kataklysm also has amazing bass as the bass drumming is unbelievably amazing. Best drummer in metal in my opinion. Check the album Prevail.

Dimmu Borgir - The symphonies are really sic when played full pelt.

A

Anonymous

If you're wanting to give your system a good workout then I'd definitely agree on the megadeth. Especially 'kick the chair' off their new album. I'd also highly reccomend Front Line Assembly, they sort of range from metal to electronic with their own industrial edge. some of the frequencies they come out with are tremendous though. Have a listen to 'Existance', the last track on 'epitah' for a demonstration in what the words 'soundstage' and 'epic' mean;), as for out and out bass.. When I crank up the volume to 'Unconscious' off their last album 'Fallout' plates and glasses fall off tables and doors shake out their frames. Keeping that song together is hard work for any system...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Never got on with F.L.A

Always sounded like Euro-house mixed with metal to me.

Another album with good bass is Neurosis's 'The Eye of Every Storm'. The title track has a slow passage of pulsing moog-bass. Very low, nice throb. Worth a listen. (worth a listen anyway, regardless of bass)

A

Anonymous

There is of course, Nine Inch Nails...

You can check out corona radiata and the four of us are dying for free at theslip.nin.com

Corona radiata is a real slow tune that takes a while to pick up, but it really does a good system justice. Kind of a hypnotising song really. Awessome bass towards the end though. the four of us are dying also has a cone-throwing cacophany of low frequencies in it's bass/percussion line too.

and aside from that, the slip is a fantastic album!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts