has the picture quality of bbc hd improved ??

A

Anonymous

Hi. I watched Great Railway Adventures, on channel5 in HD, and the picture quality was excellent.

Paul.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:Not if my missus is anything to go by, every time we watch BBChd she asks if I can tell the difference between HD and normal tv.it does seem to be hit and miss , maybe i just saw a bit of their better stuff last night , there was some silly comedy thing with puppets and such (not animated), i was glancing at it while listening to music , very very good picture , then there was something else , oh yea , music , jools holland i guess , the specials and paul mcartney , again it looked sublime ..
emotion-40.gif

AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
bbc was choppy last night for me. all other hd channels were fine, but shooting stars on bbc wasnt pants.

anyone else have this last night?

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I just wish everything looked at good as the HD clip of the pond/lake they show between programmes - always astounding for PQ.

johnnyblue

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
We watched an episode of The Silence on BBC iplayer on the laptop and via an hdmi cable to our Toshiba hd tv.We were astonished at how ordinary the picture was on tv and I couldn't tell any difference to SD. Is that what all the fuss is about or is it just that you can't you get HD through a laptop?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
johnnyblue:We watched an episode of The Silence on BBC iplayer on the laptop and via an hdmi cable to our Toshiba hd tv.We were astonished at how ordinary the picture was on tv and I couldn't tell any difference to SD. Is that what all the fuss is about or is it just that you can't you get HD through a laptop?

We watched Sherlock on BBC HD.

It was much better than with terrestrial SD from Freeview or SD from iPlayer.

(I have just looked at it again on both BBC HD via iPlayer on Sony S370 with our Samsung 32", and on 20" computer screen to compare.)

In the opening scene of episode 3 you can almost see every molecule in the steam from their breath and even the opening credits (especially where there is a close-up still of some fabric) shows more detail and is 'crisper', but not in a nasty artificially sharpened way. No artifacts at all in HD (unlike SD where large blank areas have traces of artifacts.)

BBC HD via iPlayer is 1080i/720p (1280x720pixels when I right click for properties.)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
After much office discussion yesterday I put on the second (I think) episode of The Deep last night on BBC HD, and it was so bad it was all but unwatchable.

Picture quality was pretty good, though...

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I flicked over to BBC one HD the other night to watch a nature ( well it had trees in it ) and the picture was shocking , but the only other thing i made a effort to watch in HD was top gear and you did notice the quality then . So i think its a lot of hit and miss at the moment

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Andrew Everard:

After much office discussion yesterday I put on the second (I think) episode of The Deep last night on BBC HD, and it was so bad it was all but unwatchable.

Picture quality was pretty good, though...

emotion-2.gif

Brilliant review of The Deep by Euan Ferguson in last Sunday's Observer.

I think it took longer to read the review than most people would have spent watching the programme. Within a few minutes it became obvious that "The Deep" was this year's "Bonekickers". How anybody looks at scripts like these and decides they are worth making is a mystery.

A

Anonymous

Can I just say I've quite enjoyed The Deep? It is very straightforward, not at all taxing and pretty predictable, but it's fun nevertheless, and has a goodish mystery to it, which I always like.

Surely better than the absolutely dire Bonekickers, this decade's Crime Traveller?

TRENDING THREADS