One each for the speakers.floyd droid said:... trying to work out how many power plugs are needed for a basic active set up , no idea about that stuff at all as you may have gathered.
Dunno.Hi-FiOutlaw said:You don't have to like everithing from a brand, do you?
Indifference.chebby said:Nah. The Rega fanboy'ism was getting boring. Now the Rega fanboy baiting is getting boring too.floyd droid said:
This is only happening because the AVI boys have left a bit of a vacuum lately whilst they are away being re-trained for the new ADM5 launch. ("DACs bad, TV headphone outputs good ... DACs bad, TV headphone outputs good .. DACs bad, TV headphone outputs good ..." etc.)
OK, it's a shame no-one has addressed these specific points.AlbaBrown said:I'm normally laid back and don't get agitated easily but, having seen this video from Rega http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EfvHl8-88U
I felt that Roy Gandy has maybe lost his marbles and it made me rather grumpy!
Quotes such as "I'm the only turntable designer I know, and I feel quite lonely" - err what about Arthur Khoubessarian (Pink Triangle/Funk Firm), William Firebaugh (Well Temperered) to name but two.
And how exactly has the design of Rega turntable really moved forward!!!? (Many would argue they've gone the opposite way from an engineering quality point of view!)
Plus I spat out my cous cous when he claimed that rotational speed and accuracy was crucial to accurate reproduction! I've never seen a Rega setting the world alight in that regard.
Plus a £30,000 deck with a pimped up RB300 and three noise inducing drive belts....
At least his speaker drive units are still very musical, oh hang on their based on Royds.....
Very well adressed!jerry klinger said:OK, it's a shame no-one has addressed these specific points.
1. When he says 'I'm the only turntable designer I know, and I feel quite lonely" I took that to mean that he literally, as a person, doesn't know another t/t designer. It's maybe surprising, but there's no real reason why he should actually know (as opposed to having met) Arthur, Touraj, Alistair (dec'd), or Ivor.
2. how exactly has the design of Rega turntable really moved forward!!!? Clearly you haven't heard the current range, and the huge improvements to the previous equivalents.
3. Speed and accuracy, oddly, I always have believed Rega demonstrate - some of the early decks may have been tuned to run a little fast but these days they're very consistent - compared to some other highly regarded decks I've had at home.
4. The £30k t/t. Here I'm tending to agree with you, but clearly they're in business and there are people out there who want to spend that sort of money on a deck. You just don't know any. If I was Roy, though, I'd have made it a whole lot more blingy.
5. Lost his marbles? No, but he must be nearing retirement, and I hope he enjoys it.