Has anyone seen Argo?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I saw on a programme on what happened and was quite interested in buying the film, so I was just wondering has anyone seen it and what they thought? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

This one here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Argo-Blu-ray-Copy-Region-Free/dp/B00683T4IC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383418414&sr=8-2&keywords=Argo

rothlee

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I watched it earlier this year. It was okay. I'd be lying if I said I'd be looking to add it to my movie vault anytime soon though. Completely got my interest, and filled a nice gap on a quiet Sunday afternoon. Well acted, nicely shot, but just not the sort of movie I'd rush out to buy. Well worth a view on Netflix or similar if that's an option.

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
Hi gel

yes I have seen the film and thought it was excellent, even ben affleck is great in it.

:bounce:

Ah cheers! :cheers: Think I am going to order. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

rothlee said:
I watched it earlier this year. It was okay. I'd be lying if I said I'd be looking to add it to my movie vault anytime soon though. Completely got my interest, and filled a nice gap on a quiet Sunday afternoon. Well acted, nicely shot, but just not the sort of movie I'd rush out to buy. Well worth a view on Netflix or similar if that's an option.

Ah cheers! :cheers:

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I saw on a programme on what happened and was quite interested in buying the film, so I was just wondering has anyone seen it and what they thought? Cheers.

its well worth a watch, especially if you're into history (I learned a fair bit as I didn't know much about the Iranian revolution before seeing it, just knew there had been one that had overthrown the pro-western Shah). Not sure about the oscar but well shot and gives a really authentic sense of the period (costumes and hair etc are all very convincing). And affleck is more convincing than most things I've seen him in (though the idea of him playing batman still horrifies me, but I won't start on that or we'll be here all day!).

D

Deleted member 2457

Ordered. Cheers guys. :cheers: Quite looking forward to sitting down and watching this.

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
great, let us know what you think.

before I forget, go Norwich !!, what a great result.

:clap:

Don't remind me man, I am trying to forget!

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I like most of Affleck’s films but this one didn’t really grab me. I found the documentary on the Blu-ray much more engrossing than the actual film tbh.

jjbomber

The real life documentary is very different to the CIA funded Argo. The Canadian embassy did most of the work; the CIA agent just flew in and back out. The market scene never happened and the airport went without any drama whatsoever. The six americans were irst saved by the British embassy, yet they say that the British embassy refused to help in the film. The film is junk really. However, if Hollywood wants CIA support, it has to give Oscars to this rubbish. So Argo gets an Oscar or two and Hollywood gets the finance for Zero Dark Thirty. I believe Canada launched an oggicial protest against Argo and wanted it banned.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
The real life documentary is very different to the CIA funded Argo. The Canadian embassy did most of the work; the CIA agent just flew in and back out. The market scene never happened and the airport went without any drama whatsoever. The six americans were irst saved by the British embassy, yet they say that the British embassy refused to help in the film. The film is junk really. However, if Hollywood wants CIA support, it has to give Oscars to this rubbish. So Argo gets an Oscar or two and Hollywood gets the finance for Zero Dark Thirty. I believe Canada launched an oggicial protest against Argo and wanted it banned.

Yep, I have watched it now, and it was a bit different to what I was expecting but I still enjoyed it.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
The six americans were irst saved by the British embassy, yet they say that the British embassy refused to help in the film.

Indeed, that grated with me too.

Has to be expected though.

Just be grateful they never made "The Few" with Tom Cruise winning the Battle Of Britain for us!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts