Has anyone heard this song?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Ryan Adams - 'Blue Sky Blues', from his album '29'.

This song does me every time, with the ol' lump in the throat. It's sparse, atmospheric and haunting. Love it.

Have a listen peeps, if you haven't heard it, and let us know what you think.

By the way, i'd recommend the whole album. It's superb.

A

Anonymous

wish you were here , pink floyd ..

lost in space , the lighthouse family..

all the time in the world , louis armstrong..

dock of the bay , otis redding..

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
bretty:

This song does me every time, with the ol' lump in the throat. It's sparse, atmospheric and haunting. Love it.

Lovely song.

Ryan rocks.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson:bretty:

Lovely song. Ryan rocks.

Yes he does! He's a bit of a hidden gem, isn't he?

He was hyped as 'the next big thing' when his first album came out, but then he pretty much disappeared from the media attention, even though he churns albums out at a prolific rate.

I rate him, especially when he's in melancholy mode.

A

Anonymous

I Think Rock n Roll is his most complete album. I do agree that New York New York was a good song to use to remember 9/11. Especially with them filming the video the day before the tragedy. If like Ryan Adams try listening to some Paul Westerberg or Five For Fighting. Both similar singer songwriters.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I know Paul Westerberg, only from his work on the 'Singles' OST. I like him. Haven't heard Five For Fighting, though.

A

Anonymous

Singles is one of my all time fave films. Paul Westerberg also did the soundtrack to Open Season. He was in a band called The Replacements. They had a sond called Here Comes The Regular which What Hifi have used in some tests. Five For Fighting's second album The Battle For Everything is a good place to start. Even though it sounds like a bands name there is only one person in FFF.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I'll check Five For Fighting out, thanks for the tip.

'Singles' was great, and had all my favourite bands in, from my teens. Pearl Jam, Alice in chains, Soundgarden and smashing Pumpkins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts