Question Has anybody tried the Edifier r2000db active speakers

tosh

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Pretty much all of my listening is Amazon music hd through a Chromecast Audio into a Denon DM40. The Denon is powering a pair of Castle Knight 1 speakers. Was wondering about these speakers and doing away with the Denon. Would also have my tv running through them. Thanks

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Haven't used them, but the reviews seem pretty great. Are you primarily looking to use them for music? Or looking for more of an all-rounder? I'm only recently learning that this question matters haha

Moree Spingato

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
I have them in my den, it's a small 12 ft x 10 ft room. High and mids are superb. Bass is crisp and decent, and I'm surprised the sound comes from these tiny speakers. You can throw pretty much anything at them: jazz, hard rock, electronica...(I listen to a huge range), and they shine. For a slight upgrade, you can also consider the S2000 Pro, but price wise that's nearly double. For smallish rooms, I think R2000 DB is excellent. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more often on these forums. Edifier has nailed it.

My living room speakers are Kanto TUK, and my next pair will be the more bass-rich and yet sharp as a tack, the Edifier S3000 Pro, which I've heard at my friend's place. But both of these are overkill for small-ish rooms.

PS: All these speakers are brilliant with movies. Fury, for example, or the acoustically magical, Gravity. These movies are very different in their audio signatures, and R2000DB rocks with both of them. I highly recommend it for modern apartments.

insider9

Pretty much all of my listening is Amazon music hd through a Chromecast Audio into a Denon DM40. The Denon is powering a pair of Castle Knight 1 speakers. Was wondering about these speakers and doing away with the Denon. Would also have my tv running through them. Thanks
Even if the Edifiers are good I'd not change your setup. Why not try a better source instead?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts