Hard Drive to record Dab radio onto

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please help. I am looking for a hard drive that I can connect to my Cambridge Dab tuner so that I can record onto it. At the moment I am using my Sony Mini Disc recorder but as space is very limited I need a hard drive with anything from 40-120gb's.

John Duncan

[quote user="mahler1"]
Please help. I am looking for a hard drive that I can connect to my Cambridge Dab tuner so that I can record onto it. At the moment I am using my Sony Mini Disc recorder but as space is very limited I need a hard drive with anything from 40-120gb's.
[/quote]

Is this for specific stations - ie ones that also transmit on Freeview - because a PVR like the Humax will do that job if it's the mainstream ones (and sometimes at better quality).

If not, then I would suggest an iPod with a recorder dongle - investigate Belkin, Griffin etc

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply. It is to record direct from my Dab tuner, as I have an ipod 80gb classical I am interested in the Belkin item you mentioned as you can guess I have know idea what it does or where I may get one from, all help needed. Cheers

John Duncan

Well this appears to fit the bill. looks like you would connect this via a 3.5mm-jack-to-2 x phono cable either via the tape out of your amp (so you can still listen to the radio) or direct to the DAB tuner (though you then wouldn't be able to hear it
emotion-1.gif
)

A

Anonymous

Thanks John, looks like this will fit the bill and who is this chap 'Illegal' love to meet him one day (Ha Ha)

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Ideas that spring to mind

1 This I Poddy thing which I don't know about as I have no I Pod.
2 Use a PVR as already mentioned. A USB would be useful for editing and saving to CD or hard disk.
3 Use a freeview card on your PC if it's a mainstream station. I had problems editing such recordings but am sure that is just a software issue.
4 Record to PC using a WAV recorder and line in (preferably digital) on your sound card. I tried this but got occasional dropouts as my PC isn't quite up to speed.
5 My Philips MP3 player has an optical in for recording at 192kbps MP3. Maybe some others do too.
6 A DAB with an SD card slot and programme schedule works beautifully

In the past I've used all of above methods except no 1. When my Cambridge DAB died I got a Pure DMX60 mini system just for it's DAB with 7 day programme timer (like on Freeview) and SD card. It's incredibly convenient and if the stations you want to record aren't on Freeview probably the best solution if you have the cash.
Now I can set up recordings to SD card days in advance, edit them on my PC and then burn live music sets or interviews etc to CD, all in digital domain with results that are about as good/bad as the original broadcast.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts