Harbeth XD pricing is outrageous

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Well, well... Ole Sid was shooting his mouth off last year about Harbeth prices. So Sid now goes out and buys Harbeths! The C7es3-XD.

What can I say?! They sound so beautiful, I couldn't resist taking them home. The heart wants what the heart wants it seems.

Reactions: DougK

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
Well, well... Ole Sid was shooting his mouth off last year about Harbeth prices. So Sid now goes out and buys Harbeths! The C7es3-XD.

What can I say?! They sound so beautiful, I couldn't resist taking them home. The heart wants what the heart wants it seems.
Time to eat your words Sid? :)

There certainly is something special about Harbeth's, they tug at your heart and massage your ears, can't describe it, it's just a naturalness, they do so much right. I've never heard a better sound in my room than from my dinky P3's; and for my money I don't need a sub as the bass is just right.

Reactions: Gray

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
Time to eat your words Sid? :)

There certainly is something special about Harbeth's, they tug at your heart and massage your ears, can't describe it, it's just a naturalness, they do so much right. I've never heard a better sound in my room than from my dinky P3's; and for my money I don't need a sub as the bass is just right.
I've not heard the C7s but have read that they are pound for pound the best speaker made by Harbeth.

Reactions: DougK

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
They sound more natural, especially voices. The midrange is to die for, it just sounds perfect. They also have more bass and sound much bigger than my former Totems.
My experience of the P3 pretty much reflect your experience. Very natural sounding. Unlike the P3s the C7s apparently don't have severe dips on ohms, should be fairly easy to drive.

IME Harbeths trade a little excitement over the Totems for a bit more realism, exactly as I found with my PMCs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS