Happy Days! Oh, and not-so-happy days!!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
First the happy days!!!

I've just been looking through my emails for the last few days and saw that i've bought some really good vinyl over the weekend. I've been buying so much, that i'd lost track
smiley-embarassed.gif
I'll let you in on them once they arrive.

Now the not-so-happy Days!!!!

My Grado Reference Platinum 1 is out of stock. I might have to wait ten days for it to get here. Booo!
smiley-frown.gif

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
bretty said:
First the happy days!!!

I've just been looking through my emails for the last few days and saw that i've bought some really good vinyl over the weekend. I've been buying so much, that i'd lost track
smiley-embarassed.gif

My Grado Reference Platinum 1 is out of stock. I might have to wait ten days for it to get here. Booo!
smiley-frown.gif

I find retail therapy good for that (buy even more LPs), I know coz I bought loads whilst awaiting the arrival of Technoarm and it just made me feel better :bigsmile:

A

Anonymous

That's not fair! I was waiting for your comments before investing in one for my Technics.

bretty said:
First the happy days!!!

smiley-embarassed.gif

smiley-frown.gif

Sure the Grado will sound twice as good... :p

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
mitch65 said:
I find retail therapy good for that (buy even more LPs), I know coz I bought loads whilst awaiting the arrival of Technoarm and it just made me feel better :bigsmile:
Oh mate, don't! You know that figure that I told on Saturday that i'd spent on records in the last few weeks? Well, that figured grew by £100 on Saturday night!
smiley-embarassed.gif

I gotta put the brakes on for a couple of weeks. He says optimistcally
smiley-smile.gif

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
bretty said:
mitch65 said:
Oh mate, don't! You know that figure that I told on Saturday that i'd spent on records in the last few weeks? Well, that figured grew by £100 on Saturday night!
smiley-embarassed.gif

I gotta put the brakes on for a couple of weeks. He says optimistcally
smiley-smile.gif

Hey! you can't take it with you.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
bretty said:
First the happy days!!!

smiley-embarassed.gif

smiley-frown.gif

Hope so. I've got a good feeling bout the Grado. I think it's gonna be right up my street. (If there was a 'fingers crossed' smiley, now would be a great time to use it).

bretty said:
plastic penguin said:
bretty said:
First the happy days!!!

smiley-embarassed.gif

smiley-frown.gif

Hope so. I've got a good feeling bout the Grado. I think it's gonna be right up my street. (If there was a 'fingers crossed' smiley, now would be a great time to use it).

I know your search for a cartridge has been rumbling on for some time, but what was the deciding factor in choosing the Grado?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I know your search for a cartridge has been rumbling on for some time, but what was the deciding factor in choosing the Grado?

It was online reviews, really. There was a common factor running through the five or six that I read, and that was that it has a dark, rich character, with great texture to instruments. Originally I was going to get the (much) more expensive Reference Master, but it seems like the Platinum gives basically the same performance, minus a little detail in the frequency extremes, for £400 less.

If the reviews are on the money, it'll be a blinding cartridge.

bretty said:
plastic penguin said:

It was online reviews, really. There was a common factor running through the five or six that I read, and that was that it has a dark, rich character, with great texture to instruments. Originally I was going to get the (much) more expensive Reference Master, but it seems like the Platinum gives basically the same performance, minus a little detail in the frequency extremes, for £400 less.

If the reviews are on the money, it'll be a blinding cartridge.

That's fair enough - most of us have purchased products in this fashion. I'm sure you won't be disappointed, but try not to build it up too high. Sometimes we can all over estimate the capabilities of a product to find that doesn't quite live up to expectation - or reviews. Sure your experienced enough to know this anyway... 8)

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
bretty said:
First the happy days!!!

smiley-embarassed.gif

smiley-frown.gif

I'm sure when it finally arrives mate it will be well worth the wait...cant wait to hear what you think about it :)

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
UPDATE: The not-so-happy days have become Happy Days!!!! Email just received from Superfi. Item now in stock and being sent out tomorrow
smiley-smile.gif
I'm away this weekend, but it'll be here waiting for me when I get home on Monday. NICE!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts