Happy birthday Grandad

D

Deleted member 108165

Reminded me it's mine next week.
I've never celebrated it though. 18th, 21st, just wasn't bothered.
Happy birthday to those coming up (y)

Strange you should mention 21st birthday, Gray... I went to Zero6, (you will know where this is/was), with some mates. Got so p*ssed that I let them leave without me saying I was gonna stay until closing time, 2am, (very bad move on my part). Fortunately got talking to some guys from Chelmsford who had managed to cadge a lift with some girls from Brentwood. Got dropped off at the A12 expecting a very long walk home to Chelmsford in the rain but managed to hitch a ride with truck going that way. Still had a 4 mile walk home though... I was a very soggy and sober mess when I arrived home in the early hours... A very memorable night for all the wrong reasons :)

This all happened some 41 years ago but I still remember it like it was yesterday. Those were the days :)

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Happy birthday to those coming up (y)

Strange you should mention 21st birthday, Gray... I went to Zero6, (you will know where this is/was), with some mates. Got so p*ssed that I let them leave without me saying I was gonna stay until closing time, 2am, (very bad move on my part). Fortunately got talking to some guys from Chelmsford who had managed to cadge a lift with some girls from Brentwood. Got dropped off at the A12 expecting a very long walk home to Chelmsford in the rain but managed to hitch a ride with truck going that way. Still had a 4 mile walk home though... I was a very soggy and sober mess when I arrived home in the early hours... A very memorable night for all the wrong reasons :)

This all happened some 41 years ago but I still remember it like it was yesterday. Those were the days :)
An unforgettable night Doug!
Named after runway Zero 6 at the neighbouring airport.
(Was working in the Queen's Cabaret Room in Westcliff on my 21st).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts