• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Hacked Off

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
What the hell happened? This site looks like its been hacked by Hulu and to a lesser degree Onkyo.

I understand the need for advertising revenue, but this is ridiculous. Every time I click on a new topic that damned video starts again.

This site was borderline usable before. Now it's irritating beyond belief.

Al ears

Infiniteloop said:
What the hell happened? This site looks like its been hacked by Hulu and to a lesser degree Onkyo.

I understand the need for advertising revenue, but this is ridiculous. Every time I click on a new topic that damned video starts again.

This site was borderline usable before. Now it's irritating beyond belief.
Isn't it just.

I might just go and buy an Epson Projector if it will delete the ruddy advert.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Won't work. You always get bombarded with ads for what you've just bought, so makes no difference. That's my big bear at the moment, every site I visit, shoving ads in my face for what I've just bought.

scene

Sep 25, 2008
And people wonder why ad blockers are so popular? Seriously, just pushing so many intrusive adverts just makes you want to:

1. Go to another site

2. Never buy what is being advertised.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
I understand that ads pay for the site so have no problems with it. The alternative is ... Having no WHS&V forum.

Some might say that would be a good idea ... .

I happily cope with ads if they can make it run without problems. For sale section is long overdue too.

scene

Sep 25, 2008
drummerman said:
I understand that ads pay for the site so have no problems with it. The alternative is ... Having no WHS&V forum.

Some might say that would be a good idea ... .

I happily cope with ads if they can make it run without problems. For sale section is long overdue too.
I don't mind adverts, just the in-your-face-animated-flashing-take-over-the-screen sort - and constantly moving stuff down sidebars gives me a migraine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS