GT50/GT60... Options

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for almost instant response!

That's sounds promising, was a bit worried as outside the cooling off period.

Got JL coming this Saturday to take it away and leave me with a loaner. Ill keep the post updated when I know more.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, though I did report the problem to JL just before the 28 days, and they arranged a replacement.

I eventually cancelled the replacement, and have decided to live with the dse, as it's barely noticeable on my GT.

Please do let us know of the outcome with yours though, it will be interesting to know what JL are prepared to do outside of the 28 day period.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
If I didn't watch some much sport I could probably live with it even though I don't reckon you should have to whern paying top dollar for 5 star rated TV!

Watching the spurs game as I type and all I can look at is the vertical bands on right of screen!

Not really sure how they can repair it, but if they can, good!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
festing11 said:
Watching the spurs game as I type and all I can look at is the vertical bands on right of screen!

Annoying, isn't it.

I'll be fascinated to hear how you get on with a repair. A completely new panel might do the trick. If you can get this sorted before I look to trade up, I might reconsider my options.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Right... update time.

Feel a bit of a fool right now, had the man out from John Lewis's repair partners. Now before he came out i did what the lovely lady at JL tech help said and did the factory reset option. Now i did this and could still see the vertical bands on the right of the screen. The next morning was the day the repair guy was due and intentionally put the tv onto the Everton vs Wigan game as football matches made the bands stand out. But guess what i could hardly see the bands!!! This was on the Normal pic setting so i then switched over to the Pro settings listed in this forum and ta-da, couldn't see them at all!

To late to cancel the repair guy, when he turned up i apologized for wasting his time, and explained the situation. He had a quick look at the picture and said he also couldn't see anything.

So instead of him taking it away for no reason, i decided to keep it, but as JL have the problem in the system if it comes back ill be in a good place to get back to them.

If its stays away ill be so happy as apart from the now non-exsistant problem the tv is amazing.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I was advised by JL to do a factory reset when I reported a different fault, but it did not rid my tv of the DSE problem, so I do find it weird that your DSE seems to have disappeared with the factory reset.

It's good news if it has done the trick, and I may be tempted to do it again if the dreaded DSE stays away.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
festing11 said:
Right... update time.

Feel a bit of a fool right now, had the man out from John Lewis's repair partners. Now before he came out i did what the lovely lady at JL tech help said and did the factory reset option. Now i did this and could still see the vertical bands on the right of the screen. The next morning was the day the repair guy was due and intentionally put the tv onto the Everton vs Wigan game as football matches made the bands stand out. But guess what i could hardly see the bands!!! This was on the Normal pic setting so i then switched over to the Pro settings listed in this forum and ta-da, couldn't see them at all!

To late to cancel the repair guy, when he turned up i apologized for wasting his time, and explained the situation. He had a quick look at the picture and said he also couldn't see anything.

So instead of him taking it away for no reason, i decided to keep it, but as JL have the problem in the system if it comes back ill be in a good place to get back to them.

If its stays away ill be so happy as apart from the now non-exsistant problem the tv is amazing.

You had a genuine problem and you asked for help, in accordance with your consumer rights. That sounds entirely reasonable to me.

I'm genuinely delighted that your TV seems OK now, though I'm amazed settings have made this issue disappear.

I think the settings posted help the picture a great deal, but they haven't reduced the vertical bands on my GT50, or BBB's. I can see the vertical bands watching the rugby right now.

Remind me, how long have you have the TV?

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
I've had the tv since Dec 29th.

Im not saying that the bands have completely disappeared but they seem to me to be far less visable than before and non-exsistant when i put the pic settings to pro made. Only time will tell if they stay away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts