Green specks/spots on Panasonic TH-42PZ85

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I upgraded my TV from a Samsung LCD to the Panasonic TH-42PZ85 Plasma, I've noticed when watching Blu-ray or Sky HD in very dark scenes there are green specks/spots flashing on and off on the Plasma screen, is this a fault with the TV?.

I've tried different HDMI cables and bypassing my AV Receiver, but makes no difference.

Any ideas?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
This is most likely dithering. Algorithms/processing used by panasonic and all others including pioneer which use a less subtle form of this particular processing than the former. It's quite normal and careful picture adjustment should go some way towards making the 'problem' tolerable as does ambient lighting rather than watching in a blacked out room.

A

Anonymous

Adjusting your picture settings on both the tv and your player and HD box will eliminate the problem.

A

Anonymous

Thanx drummerman, I've adjusted the brightness setting on the TV (using Digital Video Essentials HD Basics Blu-ray) and it's improved it. The speckles are only really noticeable when you are very close to the TV, normal viewing position the image looks great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts