Greatest lead singers: Official.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Funnily enough, when I saw the thread title, Axl Rose was one of the names that popped in to my head. It's a very subjective area though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hey in the other thread of best rock vocalists, Axl as number one by quite a few of us was a good one then
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

He has a voice like nails down a blackboard. He's not a very good frontman. He's as charismatic as a verucca. He has an ego his ability can't cash.

I wonder who these unenlightened morons are who vote on these things (no offence Gel).

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The thing with GnR was that the sum of the parts was the greater than the individuals within it. As lead singer of GnR Axl Rose was (IMO) awesome. Drop him in another band and it doesn't work. I guess it depends on your taste in music. You could make good arguments for Michael Hutchence, Freddie Mercury (of course), Robert Plant, Paul McCartney - heck, even Mick Hucknall!

D

Deleted member 2457

Big Chris:

He has a voice like nails down a blackboard. He's not a very good frontman. He's as charismatic as a verucca. He has an ego his ability can't cash.

I wonder who these unenlightened morons are who vote on these things (no offence Gel).

emotion-2.gif
none taken, i thought that was funny
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

I have heard the excellent and not so great in recent years ie this year with Axl - still love him though.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:

Couldn't agree more BC, He (They- G'nR) turned up 1.5 hours late in Dublin and even then he couldn't even sign a note- i don't condone violence but he got what he deserved.........

Anyway-I'd vote for Dave Gahan-Depeche Mode

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, I guess it depends what the criteria are, and as someone mentioned, its all very subjective. I can see why people think Axl is a good front man, but he's also a total *** so Freddy should probably get the title. As for Thom Yorke, dont see that at all.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Can't say I particularly agree with the poll, I don't mind Axl Rose and GnR, but greatest lead singer? I don't think so. Like Lee H said above: "I guess it depends on your taste in music".

For me there can be only one: Steve Hogarth from Marillion, he's got a superb voice. I don't expect anyone to agree with me (except Mr H), but that doesn't matter, we're all different.
emotion-11.gif

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:

Gaaaa!!!

I'm totally with you on this one Chris.

Can't stand GnR.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:

Gaaaa!!!

I'm totally with you on this one Chris.

Can't stand GnR.

scene

Much as I love GnR, I wouldn't put Axl at the top of my list. The late great Mr. Mercury, yes, I think he was one of the greatest singers ever, and the greatest lead for any band, the consummate showman, to the end.

A

Anonymous

Subjective yes.

So here goes

Me - George Michael - although his best work was on his own

Wife - Robbie Williams

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
amarocknrollstar:Lol

X2 lol

For me Robert Plant all the way...and he just gets better with age...Freddie just made my skin crawl tbh (sorry guys and I'm not being homophobic I just thought he was a bit creepy to watch but had a fabulous voice...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts