Great bargains topic (New & 2nd hand)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
And also https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys e.g.:
Screen Shot.png

Let’s give a plug to how DEALS stories are reported in https://www.whathifi.com/news e.g.:
screen-shot-png.2906

AJM1981

It seems shops barely sell white variations of their products and heavily reduce the price of white colored speakers and subs this period.

In terms of subs I don't really understand why white isn't more popular. A big white box in front of a white wall draws less attention to itself than a black box, and integrates well.

What makes white speakers and subs ugly is that they come with an old fashioned black grill that most often makes them instantly devalue in aesthetics. Any other choice of color might not be wise as they get visibly dirty over time.

It seems shops barely sell white variations of their products and heavily reduce the price of white colored speakers and subs this period.

In terms of subs I don't really understand why white isn't more popular. A big white box in front of a white wall draws less attention to itself than a black box, and integrates well.

What makes white speakers and subs ugly is that they come with an old fashioned black grill that most often makes them instantly devalue in aesthetics. Any other choice of color might not be wise as they get visibly dirty over time.
Get a downward firing sub and they don't have grilles, they also come in a nice variety of wood finishes.... :)

Reactions: AJM1981

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
My bargain recommendation for a new purchase ... Audiolab 6000A.

Stupid value imho.

If you want a built in streamer go for the 6000A Play.

Compare this with for example a SimAudio Moon Neo ACE ...

Last edited:
Reactions: AJM1981

AJM1981

41j7ywfiW9L._AC_SY780_.jpg

4189zaiUWXL._AC_SY780_.jpg
41V8pK903sL._AC_SY780_.jpg

For our UK people

The Wharfedale Diamond Sw150 as mentioned in another topic. Especially the walnut version for its premium appearance.

Many positive pro reviews and user experiences and high ratings around the net. Miles away from any other affordable sub. Tried to get one from within the EU and was even willing to pay a bit more, but it is mission impossible. Hope they will release it as a succeeder to another sub in the EU range.

150 pounds / 170 euros is a great price. For what it is and its quality there is simply no competition at this price level as most ones have dealbreakers for appearing like toys, not going deep in frequencies, not having a crossover knob or literally quit working.(For example: Had a look at the reviews of an Edifier sub that did everything right but switched itself off at lower volumes due to an automatic sensor)

I expect that this might so far be the only sub "in its price range(!)" that remains desirable on the future 2nd hand market or could perhaps legitmately raise in trading price over time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 196519

Does anyone know the size of the legs on this TV? Thanks. ie the length from leg to leg?
Just got myself one! :)

And cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 196519

Just got a Panasonic 820 4K Blu-ray player from John Lewis for £149. It sounds and looks awesome!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts