Great bargains topic (New & 2nd hand)

AJM1981

A topic about amazing discounts, definite purchases, absolute bargains, barn finds, anything goes.

I like to look around from time to time, but I am miles away from being a collector or changing on a regular basis. For my second setup I might change my bookshelve speakers once in a long while but my mains are done.

There are often deals that I would have considered if I would have started from scratch. Sometimes it might be welcome to tip other people about it.

So, feel free to share :)

Dom

Ebay is alright, but be careful. A bargain can mean somthing is not quite right with the item.

For example my K3 DAC was missing its K3 wireless dongle although that may have been written in the description.

And my Caspian M2 amp blew its fuse after a couple of on and off's.

Ebay is alright, but be careful. A bargain can mean somthing is not quite right with the item.

For example my K3 DAC was missing its K3 wireless dongle although that may have been written in the description.

And my Caspian M2 amp blew its fuse after a couple of on and off's.
You were unfortunate it seems.
Blowing a fuse cannot be predicted and anything missing from a package must be noted in the description otherwise you have the right to return it as 'not as described'.
If you read the description carefully, ask the seller questions if necessary, buy only from dealers or sellers with high % ratings, and avoid those that state 'No Returns' then you should be pretty safe especially if you actually locate items that are near to where you live and can actually go and see / collect said item.

Reactions: Dom
D

Deleted member 196519

Unfortunately what you find about amazing bargains, as @gel can tell you, is that by the time said amazing bargain appears on this forum they will have all been sold or the offer has ended..... :)
You do have to be very quick. I look on Hot Deals for them, AVF and search myself. (y)

Save £54 quid on Dali Oberon 3 by buying an open-box pair

Reactions: AJM1981
D

Deleted member 196519

deal has gone out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AJM1981

AJM1981

A Raspberry Pi (even a Pi Zero/2 is more than adequate for Audio streaming) and one of the plethora of available DAC HATs Is always a bargain.

Makes a mockery of a lot of the streaming solutions offered by the trad hifi manufacturers

The Arylic a50+ is build around it and is as good as it gets for a small package amp and streamer with extra's like a sub out, optical in and a full functional remote for somewhere around 200 dollars. 5 stars about anywhere reviewed. their app support is amazing too.

I use one for my 2nd setup
550x383.jpg

A picture of the back of the pro version above..

Reactions: shadders

AJM1981

it seems that after Jonathan Ive (Apple) mentioned Dieter Rams as his inspirator the Braun Atelier series held steady right prices on the market. Recently however more second hand advertisers seem to mention Rams and discover its trading possibilities. I could spot many reasonably priced pickups for the amps around 150, sometimes even a whole set for around 450 which is in my opinion its exact value. But now I see many offering components totalling for around 1500. .

It passed as an idea to get one in light gray in order to give it modern whitewash (they kind of appear to be white in some pictures already) but nah.. this is where driving up the prices to holify an item is becoming a sport on its own.

1_ml.jpg

Gray

You like Rotel and it's got balance control, must be one for you Al.
Interesting comparison with Marantz 30n in that review ( class D apparently giving Marantz the sharper sound).
Think I saw a review somewhere where the 14 wasn't found to be much better than the RA11 :unsure:
Ah. but this is the A14 Mark II....... it appears to have some serious power supply with WPC almost doubling into 4ohms.
I might have thought about this or the RA-1572 Mk, II mentioned if I didn't already have the Parasound Halo, and I loaned the old RA-1062 to my brother :cool:

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 196519

Just got the B&W Formation Duo white speakers for a bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 196519

Just got the B&W Formation Duo white speakers for a bargain.
Cancelled my order, so if anyone is looking for some cheap wireless B&W speakers you will know where to find them - Smart Sound.

D

Deleted member 196519

Why did you cancel?
I already had one pair before but were used when they were suppose to be brand new and couldn’t make my mind up on them. So I thought better if I cancel if not sure on them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts