Gravity by Vertical TT

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello...

Guys please explain maybe a bit more professional on this forum. How the hell does arm in V TT work ? So that it moves to the inner groove at the same time moving up on the slope ?

*unknw*

P.S. I know it's probably a dumb question...I guess the stylus is being held only by the grooves with more gravity put on the cartridge ? Impossible I think...

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
stereoman said:
chebby said:

Oh my, so possible by pure gravity. Thanks.

On the Pro-Ject VT-E there is gravity assist by a little spring at the counterweight end. This is there to set the downforce mainly. TBH I was sceptical when I first saw the unit, but after measuing a bunch of them it's hitting the 1.75g target consitantly bang on with a +/- of around 0.04g, which surprised me !

Spring applied tracking force has been around for decades. Most Duals and the US-made BIC turntables were similar. I'm sure there were/are others I can't recall. I often used to lift a Dual plinth up while it was playing, to show how stable it was!

I imagine the product you refer to does the same.

nopiano said:
Spring applied tracking force has been around for decades. Most Duals and the US-made BIC turntables were similar. I'm sure there were/are others I can't recall. I often used to lift a Dual plinth up while it was playing, to show how stable it was!

I imagine the product you refer to does the same.

It does but on a TT that's designed to be placed vertically. The wonders of physics eh? Wonder how you level it. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts