graphic equalisers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ne5

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
ne5 said:
why would it be a wind up post ? Are you some sort of oddball ?

I'm sorry, I didn't spot the declaration in your signature saying you definitely aren't one of the many tossers who join here purely to ask a couple of contenous questions in the hope of sparking a war then are never seen again.

You can take or ignore my recommendation all you wish but I stand by my opinion that adding more analogue circuitry in the audio chain rarely makes improvements and if possible you would be better off trying to find out why the sound is not as you like it. Such as repositioning the speakers if that's at all possible, or change your seating position. In short find out why you don't like the sound, not try to fix it with an analogue signal processor.
well, what you think isn't improvements might be to someone else, as I said, we all have different ears but if you are talking about the search for technical perfection.then id prefer to.spend a few quid to suit my ear than hundreds or more to decorate or refurnish a room, which I think.is a bit daft to be honest. Thanks for your replies though which is the point of the forum.

Anyway, can anybody tell me what the difference is between a £150 quid or a £50.equaliser beyond more slider controls ?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
ne5 said:
we all have different ears but if you are talking about the search for technical perfection.then id prefer to.spend a few quid to suit my ear than hundreds or more to decorate or refurnish a room, which I think.is a bit daft to be honest.

Technical perfection doesn't exist, and nowhere did I say you have to spend hundreds or more refurnishing a room. I was just trying to stop you heading down a complete blind alley which might not cure your ills when a better solution may exist. For example small wonders can happen simply my moving your speakers as little as a few inches forward or back, or moving them away from side walls, or even just moving your chair. But without knowing what you're wanting to achieve/fix it's all just speculation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts