Grado SR-325e On-ear Stereo Headphone review

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I never got on well with the 80i so have avoided all Grados since then. I'd love to check out some higher up the range, but I think that one of the major problems for me is the fact that they are on-ear. Supra aural just seem to bug me, no matter what. I sometimes wondered whether there is a mod to change my 80i to circumaural somehow. I think I'll just be selling them.

D

Deleted member 108165

Like you I have the SR80i's but I also have the SR225i's as well, to me they sound very similar and are just as uncomfortable as the 80i's. My go-to headphone every time also happens to be your recent purchase - HD650's, a truly superb headphone in every way. I can also wear my specs with the 650's, can't do this with Grado's - too painful! Nothing against Grado's per se, it's just personal preference. I will eventually move the 225's on but I will probably keep the 80's.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
DougK said:
Like you I have the SR80i's but I also have the SR225i's as well, to me they sound very similar and are just as uncomfortable as the 80i's. My go-to headphone every time also happens to be your recent purchase - HD650's, a truly superb headphone in every way. I can also wear my specs with the 650's, can't do this with Grado's - too painful! Nothing against Grado's per se, it's just personal preference. I will eventually move the 225's on but I will probably keep the 80's.

I think Sennheiser headphones are much better than Grado's too. Better for sound quality, build quality and comfort.

Green Bow

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the 225e at present and keep looking the 325e. Also considering the RS2e.

Really though it surprises me when people grumble about Grado comfort:

I can empathise a little with comfort of the SR60, 80, and 125. The pads sit evenly over the pinna and pressure fom the headband causes pressure on the pinna. However it varies greatly in pressure and some apply no pressure. I owned the 125 and they were fine from the start. They hurt somewhat when used of a long time over many days. Some say this cushion and headband pressure can be bad right from the start, and wait for them to stretch naturally over time.

However the 225 and upwards with the L-cusion is something else. It can get very uncomfortable after half an hour 'or' it can be sublimely comfortable. It is all a matter of getting the ear-cups in the right place on the legs. Too high or too low and it applies pressure to the top or bottom of the pinna. Once you get the right place, like I have with the 225e, it is perfect. I can wear mine for hours on end, for days on end. Totally unlimited. Additionally by design they keep you ears cool, so it really is win win. I would not buy an ear covering headphone now that seals your ear from the outside world, not ever.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of complaints here about build quality, sound quality, and comfort. As a long-time user and reviewer, I find the 325e to be comfortable, made for natural musical sound, and built like the best handmade items I've owned.

TRENDING THREADS