Grado headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking for a pair of grado headphones as a cheaper upgrade instead of new speakers.

My current system is cambridge audio 540C and 540A

My question is what is the limit to spend on headphones before my system holds them back ie. SR 60, 80, 125, 225 or 325i? The 325i's are on the limit of what i would spend at £280.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

for me, the Grado model that represents the best value for money is the SR125. i have these myself and love them. i also owned the sr325i's for a while but couldnt justify the extra cost against the performance...

A

Anonymous

having had both sr80 and 325i the 325i won hands down, they were fed signals via musical fidelity xdac v3 and x-can v3, the grado 325i was also better to my ears, than sennheiser 650 try before you buy.

A

Anonymous

Grado SR60 will be fine on your system. Shop around a bit for some good deals.....
emotion-5.gif
They have short leads mind ~6 feet, and a Grado extension is about £25....

A

Anonymous

dvdaudio:having had both sr80 and 325i the 325i won hands down, they were fed signals via musical fidelity xdac v3 and x-can v3, the grado 325i was also better to my ears, than sennheiser 650 try before you buy.

i would have been surprised if you didnt spot the difference between the SR80's and the 325i's. however, i had the 325i's powered through a Slee Solo MkII and couldnt notice much, if any, difference between them and the 125's - which annoyed my tremendously given the reviews of the 325i's and their price!

A

Anonymous

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:dvdaudio:having had both sr80 and 325i the 325i won hands down, they were fed signals via musical fidelity xdac v3 and x-can v3, the grado 325i was also better to my ears, than sennheiser 650 try before you buy.

i would have been surprised if you didnt spot the difference between the SR80's and the 325i's. however, i had the 325i's powered through a Slee Solo MkII and couldnt notice much, if any, difference between them and the 125's - which annoyed my tremendously given the reviews of the 325i's and their price!

To get a noticeable benefit from even the SR60s, you need to step up to the RS2s or even the RS1s and for a benefit that is actually worth upgrading for, you need to look at the GS1000s...that's how good the awsome SR60s are.

A

Anonymous

You should also look at Alessandro MS2 (US $299 shipped worldwide directly from their official website, http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html )

Alessandro headphones are made by Grado, they actually have less coloration, sound more natural and better value for those outside US.

MS1 is comparable to SR125, MS2 ~ SR325i and MS Pro ~ RS1

A

Anonymous

hi as i said try before you buy, also to my ears the 325i is better, one mans medicine is another mans poision applys to hi fi as well., you pay big money for small improvments in sound in the hi fi game,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts