Got some new kit-BK Electrics XLS300/PR sub

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Took delivery of a new sub today,came in a suitably big (and heavy) box and was very well packaged. Got it set up,wacked on a cd and..... oh dear not sending out anything like my MJ Acoustics Pro 50 which is considerably smaller,fiddled with the gain/frequency with not much change but then tried the phase and wham there it was.The phase is set to 180 degrees which is the exact opposite of the MJ.I haven`t changed the connections at the amp end just used the existing Neutrik cable so is this anything I should worry about?
Anyway,what does it sound like? First impressions are very positive,only listened to a couple of albums but it seems to have really opened up the soundstage and brought out vocals brilliantly. Obviously it goes deep as well and the quality of bass is a definite step up from the MJ,for just less than £400 pounds I think it`s pretty good value.I`m sure much tweaking/farting around will take place over the next few weeks but at the moment I`m a pretty happy bunny!

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Red Dwarf:Where have you positioned it?

Same place as the old sub,in between the main speakers about 2ft from the wall,this sub is forward firing whilst the old one was downward so this could make a difference as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts