Good setup for music/gaming - what do i need?

HI!

Im quite new in the hifi world with AMP´s and Dac´s etc. and was wondering what would be a good setup for me.

I already have a Creative Gigaworks T3 subwoofer, and am wanting to buy a pair of good desktop speaker to go with it. Do i need to buy a cheap AMP and DAC? What would you recommend?

I will mainly be using the setup for Spotify and gaming.

Thanks, JJ

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
JJ, If you are on a low budget (under 300 GBP), I recently bought a pair of active desktop speakers the JBL LSR305s, which I recommend. I have them hooked up to a Lexicon Alpha audio interface with XLR/TRS balanced cables. With a sub these will go very very loud with excellent sund quality for the price. They are doing that pretty well without a sub in my setup, so I expect even better results with one.

Other great options are Mackie HR624 or HR824 Mk2, Yamaha HS7 or HS8, PreSonus Eris E5, Equator D5, Adam A5X or A7X. I'm personally not a fan of KRK Rockits, but many like them. If you have more to spend, Genelec are very good, you might want to check those out as well.

Those are pro speakers for studio work mostly. If you want something a bit more styled, then consider the Quad 9AS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts