Question Good quality SD player with speakers and no microphone

pete654

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
I listen to mostly classical music on an SD card/USB stick in a player in my kitchen all day as background music.
All I want is to play music from an SD card, any other features are pretty much irrelevant extras.
Years ago I had a Pure Avanti Flow which was excellent until the speakers packed up.
I've had a Roberts Stream 64i for several years which is good too, but the speakers now intermittently stop working.
I was thinking along the lines of Bose Wave, but they're not made any more.

One thing I wont have in the house is something with a microphone listening to my every word.
Budget - up to around £300

Any suggestions please?

Last edited:

pete654

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies guys.
I understand about getting a streamer and bluetooth speaker but I'm really after a single unit that will play random tracks from a USB stick or SD card with around 1000 tracks on it - and give a good quality stereo sound.

The Roberts unit packed up completely last week, so I bought a Majority Quadriga but on using it found it can only shuffle a max of 200 files, so I'll return that.

The Roberts I had previously could handle around 1000 tracks and the Pure Avanti Flow I had prior to that could also do it.
Surely there's something out there that can play random tracks from a list of around 1000 tracks and sound good - or maybe not..

Thanks again
Pete

pete654

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
I came late to SD cards, never touched a full sized one.
To me, an SD card has always been micro - within a full size adaptor to fit my laptop, or direct into the Raspberry Pi (or the Nokia phone).

Thanks - It can take any type of SD card (with an appropriate holder) or a USB stick

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts