Good Looking TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Went to Jonh Lewis today to purchase the Panasonic PX80, but to my eyes its so ugly. The great big cheap looking bright plastic it stand on looks awfull. I know it has a very good picture, but it also needs to look good standing in the living room. Other then the 32inch B&O which I think looks great but is out of my price range, can anyone please recomend a TV that not only has a great picture, but also looks good. I am looking for a 32 or 37 incher and my budget can be up to £2k.

A

Anonymous

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or something like that. Very difficult to say what is, and what is not good looking in a TV. Personally I think the Panasonic looks fine. But then again, looks would be very low on my list of what to look for in a TV. You are not marrying the thing after all.

A

Anonymous

Your quite correct I,m not going to marry the thing but surely there needs to be something more then Panasonic black plastic frame, Sony, black plastic frame, Samsung black plasic frame and so on. I like the look of the Sony X-Series but no 37 incher. Do Loewe make good TV,s ? or does anyone know where I can get a deal on the B&O 32LCD ?

A

Anonymous

B&O are very sexy but you will struggle to find a deal though as I don't think they sell anywhere else other than their own franchises. Not sure I'd spend the wonga on B&O because you can find better picture quality for cheaper but they are desirable nonetheless.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Loewe do indeed make very good TVs: we've rated every one of their series highly - including the super-stylish Individual sets that can be customised to suit your specific decor needs (and do come in 37in...)

OK, so you're paying a style/technology premium (which is why they commonly get four stars from us, thanks to our performance-per-pound ratings system), but you're still getting a competitive set in terms of picture etc (and they typically sound above average, too).

We're reviewing the latest Loewe Connect sets (see here) in our next issue - not sure how they've shaped up yet. Also in that issue is an overview of all the new ranges from the top brands - Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, Philips, LG, Sharp, Toshiba, Pioneer and more - including the latest style trends, such as LG's red-backed sets.

And I agree that tastes vary - I think the Pioneer Kuro TVs look great as well as being the best-performing sets you can buy. But then what's on screen is far more important, IMHO.

A

Anonymous

If money is no object you might also want to look at these (although I don't know how good they actually are!!):

RUNCO

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the advice. One other option would be to take the Panasonic off of its pedetal stand and fix it to a column type stand. Any recomendations on stands would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I am leavng my Panny ON its pedestal, all the better to worship it :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts