Good headphone replacements for sony NW-A808

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The headphone cable of the supplied headphones is starting to snap so lookin for a replacement of in ears. I like the sound of the supplied ones but prefer to have a bit more bass. I only need to use in -ears one for on the move. I have Grado SR60 and Sennheiser PX100 to use. I love the sound of the Grado SR60 but wish they had more bass like the PX100. The Shure SE110 is the winner but I noticed that the SE210 is only 20 pounds more at 59.99 on offer at the moment tho it didnt get a good review in what hi fi, posts elsewhere suggests the sound is better on the SE210. Are there any other alternatives such as the Superfi 5 or the new sennheiser CX95 that will give me the sound of the Grado but with a bit more bass of the PX100. I'm only looking for in ears. My budget is around 129.99 max and the less i spend the better. As well as using it with the A808, i also will use it with a PSP, and Archos 700TV and my Nokia N95 too.

A

Anonymous

Bass is a tricky one with in-earphones. I've only had two, both Shure - first the E4c which was amazing but the bass was good but subtle, and now the SE530s which have fantastic bass, and fairly deep. The real problem with these kind of earphones is that auditioning is virtually impossible unless you can borrow someone else's, so you have to go on reviews. My suggestion is to scour the internet very thoroughly to find as many reviews and opinions as possible. One thing to note however, is that i noticed it takes up to 100 hours for them to break in and reach their full potential.

A

Anonymous

I've run a pair of CX300 's for a few months now - very good detailed sound - with good bass.................just got a pair of CX95's, wow... a great improvement !!! - very good clarity and the bass is even better - sounds tighter and more defined - awesome sound from such small phones !!!

A

Anonymous

As per one of the previous comments I can highly recommend the Shure SE530 in ear headphones

The cheaper Shure sound isolating earphones don't give quite the same bass response the SE530's offer. Compared with the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's they also give a much more powerful bass sound. The clarity is also excellent.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. The Shure Se530 are desirable but out of my price range. £125 is the top of my budget, and ideally less than £100 is preferable. Shame i cant try before i buy.

matts

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
i've recently bought a pair of Goldrings, and i love them and loathe them. the build quality isn't the best, but in sonic terms, ...they're nice, warm and deep...probably the deepest i've heard. unfortunately the upper mids and highs do suffer, far too much for my liking.

IMHO the Ultimate ears are a more rounded performer, so think about the stunning super.fi 4's

http://www.soundearphones.com/product.php?id=254

or you could try a pair of Klipsch custom 1 earphones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=klipsch+custom+1&Go.x=8&Go.y=13&Go=Go

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts