Goldring NS1000 Active Noise Reduction Headphones £49.99

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi There.

are they really as good as they say because i have pxc250's and i want to upgrade them and i was hell bent on the pxc350's but the goldrings seem very interesting because they don't get a bad review anywhere. i can't buy them from play because play don't deliver electronic equipment to the republic of ireland but the goldrings are available on ebay so i'll check that out. thanks

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I've had more time with then now. They are comfortable. I find most closed phones 'warm' my ears. Yhese din't do that to me.

The noise cancellation is pretty effective, but I've not compared them yo other cancelling phones.

I find the sound to be very dynamic with a massive bass. However, without the noise cancelling on they're fairly dull and lifeless. The down side to the noise cancelling is that it introduces a fair amount of white noise. This mahes quiet passages are rather hissy.

On balance I still like them and as I live near a roundabout they will come into their own in the summer as I need to open my windows.

Note to Goldring, how about a little pot to allow variable noise cancelling/ white moise hiss trade off?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
up the music:I've had more time with then now. They are comfortable. I find most closed phones 'warm' my ears. Yhese din't do that to me.

The noise cancellation is pretty effective, but I've not compared them yo other cancelling phones.

I find the sound to be very dynamic with a massive bass. However, without the noise cancelling on they're fairly dull and lifeless. The down side to the noise cancelling is that it introduces a fair amount of white noise. This mahes quiet passages are rather hissy.

On balance I still like them and as I live near a roundabout they will come into their own in the summer as I need to open my windows.

Note to Goldring, how about a little pot to allow variable noise cancelling/ white moise hiss trade off?

just to add to the above - now that i have had them for a little while and listened more in depth i agree with the above - these head phones are very clear and an unfatiguing listen - i have had them on for a couple of hours today and enjoyed both the sound and the comfort - the bass is very good - however when nr is off they do sound a little flat lacking midrange and hi frequency - not the detail just perhaps the excitement but it is a nice sound - when turing nr on i personally think they lose their best feature the bass and become to forward in the midrange.

then is a very small delay when turning the nr on as i guess it sets it levels but during this little blip to me sounds far better although you only hear it for about a second.

i also don't really think these phones let your ears breath by that i mean they seem to create a seel around your ears that don't let air in so don't know what they will be like whilst your flying but the nr does work but as above ads white noise

A

Anonymous

Just got mine 20 mins ago and although they sound great I'm a bit underwhelmed by the NR...with nr turned on the white noise sounds like a gentle stream running which doesnt offend the ear but when I ventured to the kitchen to tap a spoon on the worktop I was disappointed to hear it quite distinctly.....in fact with the kettle on I could hear it boiling the water and even stirring my tea all clanks were present..maybe i'm nitpicking a bit, i was just expecting a wee bit more in the nr department.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
By its very name, noise-reduction is different to noise-isolating (which is what the plug-like in-ear headphones from Shure etc give you).

Noise-cancelling/reduction technology is at its best when you've constant background noise - an airplane engine being the most obvious example, but also air-conditioning noise, PC fan whir etc - that you want to tune out in order to hear your music more clearly. The microphones in the headphones are designed to pick up the frequencies of these constant sounds then produce a countering soundwave to cancel it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts