Golden Sound

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Gray said:
Macspur said:
Gray said:
Was that an SM58 in the table stand?

Is that what was providing the sound being displayed on the mixer's level meters?

Nosey aren't I?

Excuse my ignorance, do you mean the mic? if so, must admit, didn't realise the mixer was even on during filming lol.

The music was coming via Spotify through DAC and amp.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Your system was making my laptop sound as clear as I've ever heard it. (I thought you wouldn't go via the mixer for your highest quality listening)

And yes, the SM58, 'The World's Favourite Microphone'. I think it was Shure themselves that came up with that slogan - true though. Certainly for decades, the most popular vocal mic.

Good news, if you're ever in the area, you're welcome to have a proper listen.

Not sure if that is an SM58, I'll find out... bought in Maplins a few years ago and it suits my needs, well built and sounds fine.

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mac

Next week, I'm hoping (along with herself), to haul my amp up to Lyric for the day. I want to hear it driving the Ref 3s, but Michael is now selling Harbeth again, so it is also my intention to hear some Super HL5 Plus (40th Anniversary if they have them). *music2*

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Hi Mac

Next week, I'm hoping (along with herself), to haul my amp up to Lyric for the day. I want to hear it driving the Ref 3s, but Michael is now selling Harbeth again, so it is also my intention to hear some Super HL5 Plus (40th Anniversary if they have them). *music2*

Fantastic! can't wait to read your findings.

Btw, I'm definitely going to Belfast in July, flights all booked.

Will be staying at the Avenue guest house.

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:

Mac

Let me know nearer the time.

Your lovely looking accomodation is only half a mile from Lyric...so if you want to meet up, I'll pick you up (if that suits) and arrange some coffee and music at Lyric. Michael's a friend, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Let me know nearer the time.

Your lovely looking accomodation is only half a mile from Lyric...so if you want to meet up, I'll pick you up (if that suits) and arrange some coffee and music at Lyric. Michael's a friend, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Will do, sounds like a good plan.

Mac

robdmarsh

Really nice sound from your system. How do you like the Audiolab M-dac+? I was thinking of getting the Audiolab M-one a couple of months ago when it was a ridiculously low price but went with something else and was disappointed.

What's the song playing in your video?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
robdmarsh said:
Really nice sound from your system. How do you like the Audiolab M-dac+? I was thinking of getting the Audiolab M-one a couple of months ago when it was a ridiculously low price but went with something else and was disappointed.

What's the song playing in your video?

Thank you.

It's only the second DAC I've ever had in my system, so not had a lot to compare it to. The first being a very good PS Audio and the M DAC+ sounds way better, it's improved Spotify markedly... gives a very natural organic SQ to the music.

The track playing in the video is by You Are Wolf, as Sylvy was walking from the album Keld, really lovely CD and her first one Hawk to the Hunting gone is superb too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts